Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Was 2001 the greatest year for Certified Autos??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I can't imagine another year being better. I was looking at some threads of sets people have collected from 2001 and it is incredibly impressive.

Tons of iconic autograph sets from a time when there was actually competition.

Here are some of the sets from 2001:

SP Legendary Cuts
Fleer Greats of the Game Autographs
Topps Heritage Real One Autographs
Topps Archives Autographs

Would love to hear anybody's thoughts and see scans if people have cards from that year to show off.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Just posted on card autographs. Not the sticker autos, unless you like to see them also. Best year for Juan on card autos was 2004 with 19.

2001 Donruss Rookie Reprints Autograph #RR35 Juan Gonzalez/90

juan_picture.php

2001 Fleer Futures Bats to the Future Game Bat Autograph #6 Juan Gonzalez/50

juan_picture.php

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Just posted on card autographs. Not the sticker autos, unless you like to see them also. Best year for Juan on card autos was 2004 with 19.

2001 Donruss Rookie Reprints Autograph #RR35 Juan Gonzalez/90

juan_picture.php

2001 Fleer Futures Bats to the Future Game Bat Autograph #6 Juan Gonzalez/50

juan_picture.php

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
I can't imagine another year being better. I was looking at some threads of sets people have collected from 2001 and it is incredibly impressive.

Tons of iconic autograph sets from a time when there was actually competition.

Here are some of the sets from 2001:

SP Legendary Cuts
Fleer Greats of the Game Autographs
Topps Heritage Real One Autographs
Topps Archives Autographs

Would love to hear anybody's thoughts and see scans if people have cards from that year to show off.

Another great set chock full of HOfers:

2001 Donruss Signature Series Notable Nicknames

soL5ObbW8ENpvzqlUHuN2VmjsHWelzDSNKzSTQBLFk8=w800-h515

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The Golden Greats or whatever they're called from base Topps were pretty good, with Aaron, Koufax, Ryan, Ripken, and others, IIRC. Not to mention Bowman Chrome getting the greatest auto RC ever.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Love the 2001 Fleer GOTG- tons of stars and HOFers.

I also have this small complete set from 2001, Fleer Red Sox 100th Anniversary

Also, this complete set as well, UD Ultimate Collection

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, this is the best card I've ever pulled. I also love 2001 Topps Tribute, but no autos there.

aaron.jpg

As already alluded to above, we cannot forget what it was to have Pujols and Ichiro play so amazingly well while having no MLB cards prior. Each set that came out issued new unquestionable RCs of two bona fide stars, many of them auto'd. Straight money! It is that year that lead to the stupid RC card rules and all of that, though those rules obviously did not make the difference that was hoped for.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I actually gave the 2001 topps archives autograph set a shot. All RC Reprint autos of significant players. One of the greatest sets of all times.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
You guys are bringing up auto sets I totally forgot about.

And then to throw in Pujols and Ichiro. Case closed. 2001 is the Certified Auto King of years!!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Oh yeah, first year of 2001 Sweet Spot Autos too. Also 2001 Topps Archives RESERVE autos. First set to bring the idea of new refractor technology to old-style cards.

2001 most were still on-card too.

Members online

Latest posts