Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

##### 8/28 MORNING THREAD #####

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
G'morning fellas.

Barry, I'm no longer full of s#%* I took care of that first thing :)

Hope y'all have a great day. Things have been uber busy here. Ready for this 4 day weekend. Shutting the electronics down after tomorrow and spending three uninterrupted days with the family. Just bonding.

Hoping to finally sit down and scan PC Cards tonight or tomorrow, before the devices go to sleep. Also need to send a payment for a PC Card today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkd

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Morning. Today is race your mouse around the icons day. Have fun with that.

I broke a case of Topps Chrome yesterday. I came away angry, not disappointed.

Let me preface this with what some of you already know...I am not a Topps hater. I really, really, have enjoyed Topps Chrome over the past few years and I do not judge a product by whether or not I pull a big name or two. That being said...

Begin rant...This is an embarrassingly lazy product made worse by poor execution.

We all know about out the over production and screwing of the people who pre-ordered hobby with the jumbos. We also know that instead of actually pursing a deep and talented rookie class, Topps decided we NEEDED 27 year old career minor leaguers like Dean Anna or guys who have had autos in MANY MANY other products like Michael Choice (both of whom I pulled twice in my "hits"). This auto CL is an absurd swing and miss given the talented rookies playing this year. It felt like the auto CL was a list of guys who they knew would sign as opposed to the guys who collectors want to sign.

Once you get past those issues, you cannot help but notice the laziness of the product. Recycled pictures, recycles design elements, recycled insert ideas. Seriously, shame on us (me) for thinking there may be something new or exciting with this product.

OK, setting aside the overproduction, the crappy checklist and profound laziness, the execution of the product stinks. Too many of my cards were off center and many had rough edges. Additionally each of these packs only contains 4 cards (in a 220 card CL, plus inserts and other things) and yet MANY MANY packs had duplicate (base) players! Are you kidding me???

On the bright side, I had 7 "color" autos in my case ranging from 2 base ref autos /499 to an auto plate 1/1. So I "beat the odds". I also pulled a red /25 and atomic /10 non-auto. Additionally, I had no redemptions (but in this case I would have really liked to get some as many of the Springer and Abreu autos are redemptions). But, like I said, I was not disappointed with the break, I am angry with the product and with myself for expecting something better.

End rant.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. One class for the day and then to the PO to mail a few things. I'm sending a couple of 8x10 TTM requests, but neither of them are for me :lol: A couple of my uncles think what I do is really cool and asked if I could get a couple of guys. I'm still thinking that after class this morning that I might write another request or 2 for myself.
[MENTION=5961]MisterT[/MENTION] after I saw the odds for hobby, it got me wondering what the odds are going to look like for their jumbos that come out next week. Just curious, did you pull any Twins color? There are only three Twins players on the checklist though- Mauer, Chris Colabello, and Josmil Pinto

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] no color base cards for the Twins. I did pull 2 Twins autos. Both Josmil Pinto. One base auto, one ref auto /499.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
good morning all! looking forward to the 3 day weekend of doing very little except maybe some ebay listing for all the cases of NT basketball that I ripped! also the NT hockey cases that I'm ripping tomorrow!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
@clarkzac no color base cards for the Twins. I did pull 2 Twins autos. Both Josmil Pinto. One base auto, one ref auto /499.

Dang. I'm deciding if I want to attempt putting a rainbow together or not, but I know I don't wanna try for the auto version, even though Pinto is a cheap one right now

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
And why did they have to get rid of the pink/5 and camo/15 parallels? I think there was a /60 parallel as well.

There wasn't a parallel /60 last year. Last year it was
1/1 Super, /5 Pink, /10 Atomic, /25 Red, /50 Gold, /75 Sepia, /100 Black, /199 Blue, Purple, Orange, X, and Ref I believe. I do know that the Pink and Camo parallels last year were unannounced

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Good afternoon.

I haven't been very active here recently. My younger son was admitted to Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto last Wednesday. Turns out he had transverse myelitis in his lower spinal cord, and hasn't been able to walk. He has completed five days of IV steroid treatments and had several tests (MRI, spinal tap, nerve conduction studies).

The past week has been pretty rough for our family, and we have a long road ahead. FCB has provided a nice distraction for me, so thank you everyone for just doing what you're doing.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good afternoon.

I haven't been very active here recently. My younger son was admitted to Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto last Wednesday. Turns out he had transverse myelitis in his lower spinal cord, and hasn't been able to walk. He has completed five days of IV steroid treatments and had several tests (MRI, spinal tap, nerve conduction studies).

The past week has been pretty rough for our family, and we have a long road ahead. FCB has provided a nice distraction for me, so thank you everyone for just doing what you're doing.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family :grouphug:

Good afternoon.

Sorry to hear that sir. Nothing strikes closer to the heart than our children suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
God Bless

Members online

Latest posts