Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All things considered, Cubs are doing well with little talent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
As a disclaimer, yes the Cubs have been bad this year.

At time of this post are 59-73. Not really good. However,here are the teams that the Cubs have a better record than:

Red Sox
Twins
Astros
Rangers
Rockies
Diamondbacks

Not to mention many others they are close to. They are only 4.5 games behind the Reds, whom some predicted would win the division (I know they have had bad injury problems, though). They have gotten to this point with Rizzo and Castro carrying the offense on their backs.

Point is, with some of their prospects (Soler, Baez, Alcanatara) getting some experience in, they could look to add some pitching and be in real contention for 2015. Some good stuff happening in Wrigley and better stuff to come.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I agree. They also have the best starters ERA in the National League in August. VERY big innings being pitched by Hendricks, Wada, etc.

I wouldn't be shocked one bit to see them pony up $45 million a year for 2 guys this off season and instantly jump into contention.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I agree. They also have the best starters ERA in the National League in August. VERY big innings being pitched by Hendricks, Wada, etc.

I wouldn't be shocked one bit to see them pony up $45 million a year for 2 guys this off season and instantly jump into contention.
Totally agree with this Matt.

And even with the trio of studs promoted so far, the stables are far from barren. Should be an interesting couple years for Cubs fans.

Members online

Latest posts