Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

###### FRIDAY MORNING THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

attachment.php

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Mornin All,

At work since 5:00am and we've put out more parts so far today than we did yesterday. Power outage caused mass hysteria at FoMoCo yesterday. We did have the whole weekend off, now Sat & Sun are back on!

Fordman

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Morning all. Today is More Herbs, Less Salt Day. Probably good advice for all of us.

Enjoy the weekend boys and girls.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Morning everybody! The Reds had 6 stolen bases yesterday for the first time since 2006 AND BILLY HAMILTON ONLY ACCOUNTED FOR 1 OF THOSE 6! :eek:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. So much for me sleeping in a little today. My only class isn't until noon, but I was up at 6 this morning

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Morning all, the toilet in my downstairs bathroom flooded, so my living room is now a kiddie pool. I had maint come in to suck up the water and waiting for them to bring me a few carpet fans, not a good way to start my day...

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good morning. Had a fun night last night. It was my son Cooper's 7th birthday, so since mom was working, I took him to the Underground Retrocade (an early 1990's type video arcade) and we played old video games for 4 hours (let him stay up until 11pm on a school night - bad dad!). So many great oldies. But my favorite was one I had never played before, World Series Baseball 2001 by Sega. Anyone ever play this before? It has a little metal bat on a spring you pull back and let go when the pitch is delivered to bat. You get to guess pitch location too. When pitching, you select pitch type, then location, then hit a power bar for speed. It was really fun, and it had all the 2001 MLB lineups, so I could be the Diamondbacks with Grace in the lineup. Best moment was when Grace hit a 379 ft. Grand Slam! This game was sweet. All the ballparks were accurate to actual dimensions. I played one game as the Cubs too, but that lineup was horrible!

wsb1.jpg

wsb2.jpg

A_Pharis

Good morning. Had a fun night last night. It was my son Cooper's 7th birthday, so since mom was working, I took him to the Underground Retrocade (an early 1990's type video arcade) and we played old video games for 4 hours (let him stay up until 11pm on a school night - bad dad!). So many great oldies. But my favorite was one I had never played before, World Series Baseball 2001 by Sega. Anyone ever play this before? It has a little metal bat on a spring you pull back and let go when the pitch is delivered to bat. You get to guess pitch location too. When pitching, you select pitch type, then location, then hit a power bar for speed. It was really fun, and it had all the 2001 MLB lineups, so I could be the Diamondbacks with Grace in the lineup. Best moment was when Grace hit a 379 ft. Grand Slam! This game was sweet. All the ballparks were accurate to actual dimensions. I played one game as the Cubs too, but that lineup was horrible!

wsb1.jpg

wsb2.jpg

Very cool! Now, what you need to do is get a high quality screen cap with Grace on it and print it out. Once you do that, you need to find an old screen and remove the glass. Then - you adhere the print to the glass and frame it.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Very cool! Now, what you need to do is get a high quality screen cap with Grace on it and print it out. Once you do that, you need to find an old screen and remove the glass. Then - you adhere the print to the glass and frame it.

That would look kinda cool. Not sure how I'd get a screen capture off a stand-up arcade console though. Should just buy the game :)

I was trying to take pics with my cellphone in a dark arcade while playing. Wasn't easy. I'm pissed I was half a second late on Grace's HR celebration, and got his head blocked by Jay Bell.

wsb3.jpg

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Went to the Gophers game last night. Had corner end zone seats and was on the Jumbotron after Leidner scored the first TD.

Members online