Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you have a problem with this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Let's use the current topps chrome for example.

Would you be "ok" if topps announced that every fourth box would have an extra auto, but it would be DEFECTIVE?

Defect could be a smudge, faded, badly streaked, but the card condition wouldn't be affected.

And this extra card would also bear some sort of identifier so it couldn't be returned.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Having pulled a few smudged autos from Chrome that weren't worth sending in for replacement, I don't think this scenario is far off from reality.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Would you be "ok" if topps announced that every fourth box would have an extra auto, but it would be DEFECTIVE?

Defect could be a smudge, faded, badly streaked, but the card condition wouldn't be affected.

I wouldn't be okay. Using the online auction site scenario, I pass up bidding on autos that are annoyingly smudged and if the smudge is very minor and not very noticable, I'll lowball my bid instead of setting up a reasonable bid for the item.

I'd also say that Topps reps (when they actually go to a signing) should not be deadweight at the signing (i.e. pay attention and if autos are smudging, work with the athlete to find a fix so most of the signing are not smudges) or buy Panini autos since Panini apparently goes over incoming autos and seems to pull smudged autos aside to be destroyed.

Members online