Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

With a month of baseball left what are your predictions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
A month out and the playoff picture looking much clearer. What is everyones take on the playoffs? What is everyones prediction? Will we see any teams implode or any that will make a run and just get in?

I know some will hate me for this but i love that we will not be seeing the Red Sox and most likely the Yankees. I love the shift of power in some of the divisions. Love that the Nats, Royals, O's, Indians, and Mariners are contenders after some really rough seasons.

What i want to see is the Baltimore vs. Washington. However a Trout vs. Harper World Series would be fun too

What i think will happen is Dodgers vs. Angels

If they make the playoffs i would love to see the Royals win their first series.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I think the Tigers figure it out, and those Pitchers get them back into the Series, and they beat a very game Dodgers team who barely survives a great series with the Cardinals...

Tigers in 6.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Phillies go on 24-game win streak and miss the playoffs.

I'd love to see KC make the playoffs. I seem to like baseball better when KC is good.

Cards/Angels in the World Series.

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I agree with super mario Cards vs Angels Cards win in 7 Wacha Wainwright and Lackey turn it up

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

EricTownsend88

Jun 13, 2014
Really dark horse: Cleveland

Detroit and Oakland are getting all the attention for their rotations but Cleveland's top 3-4 starters right now are probably the best in baseball. Corey Kluber is the best pitcher in baseball not named Kershaw or Felix, Carlos Carrasco since returning to the rotation 0.83 WHIP and OBA of .144 - possibly the best starter in baseball since the All-Star Break. Danny Salazar has found the magic he had last season and has been almost as dominant as Carrasco since being called back up. Hurled a complete game shutout against the Tigers last night. Add in Trevor Bauer who has looked terrific at times and its a pretty damn good playoff rotation. They also have a very deep and talented bullpen. Offense is a little shaky but is starting to get it back on track as well.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Really dark horse: Cleveland

Detroit and Oakland are getting all the attention for their rotations but Cleveland's top 3-4 starters right now are probably the best in baseball. Corey Kluber is the best pitcher in baseball not named Kershaw or Felix, Carlos Carrasco since returning to the rotation 0.83 WHIP and OBA of .144 - possibly the best starter in baseball since the All-Star Break. Danny Salazar has found the magic he had last season and has been almost as dominant as Carrasco since being called back up. Hurled a complete game shutout against the Tigers last night. Add in Trevor Bauer who has looked terrific at times and its a pretty damn good playoff rotation. They also have a very deep and talented bullpen. Offense is a little shaky but is starting to get it back on track as well.

Cleveland is definitely a possibility. They've been my sleeper team for the past few years. I've always thought they had the potential to do big things.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It would be cool to see two all new teams in the World Series, Seattle and Washington.
They're the only two teams left never to make the World Series, including the Nationals' former team, the Expos.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
If the Dodgers don't figure out their bullpen issues and continue to hit .170 with the bases loaded, then I'm afraid they won't survive the first round of the playoffs. That's assuming they win their division, which at this point isn't a given. If they end up a wildcard, then I like their chances with Kershaw pitching a one-off.

My prediction: Angels-Nationals, Nationals in 6

If it ends up Angels-Cardinals, I won't watch. Absolutely despise both teams.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Well then enjoy the wild card game because the Nationals just don't win the division.

I just cant see the Nats tanking so bad that the Braves win the division. Their best bet is the wild card. I will say though with 6 games left between the two it should be exciting going down the stretch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts