Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When did BGS start grading in person autograph cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
As far as I know they still only grade certified pack-issued autos. They have made mistakes before, grading facsimile autos for example, so maybe the IP auto was graded when it shouldn't have been.

As far as I know they still only grade certified pack-issued autos. They have made mistakes before, grading facsimile autos for example, so maybe the IP auto was graded when it shouldn't have been.

I just saw the card over on another forum. The autograph was authenticated and had a grade of 8. The card itself had a 9.5 grade. I am looking through posts trying to find the card. There was a whole big debate on the true value of the card.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I think it has to be certified by JSA before they grade an IP auto.

That's what I think about the OP's question. I know Beckett has some partnership or arrangement with JSA so IMHO it had to be authenticated by JSA (with extra fees for the JSA service added to the grading order form) as part of the Beckett grading process since Beckett graded it instead of returning it due to not being pack-issued.

Members online

Latest posts