Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone see the video of Vladimir Guerrero Jr. ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
That was NOT an impressive BP. The guy who wrote that is obviously not a scout.

Too much arms and not nearly enough lower body torque. He is merely timing up BP fastballs and trying to pull them, ho hum. He even gets deeked by the pitcher striding before the pitches are thrown and looking really foolish.

He is only 15 do there is plenty of time to tweek some things, but the swing really isn't that great.

6 2" 220 is a solid body for 15, but the write up doesn't fit that video whatsoever. The Bryce Harper reference was particularly comical.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

Too much arms and not nearly enough lower body torque. He is merely timing up BP fastballs and trying to pull them, ho hum. He even gets deeked by the pitcher striding before the pitches are thrown and looking really foolish.

He is only 15 do there is plenty of time to tweek some things, but the swing really isn't that great.

6 2" 220 is a solid body for 15, but the write up doesn't fit that video whatsoever. The Bryce Harper reference was particularly comical.

You and i are on the exact same page. This is how i felt after watching it.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Funny how people idolize the 15 year old offspring of their former man crush hoping to relive their lost years. I want to pre-order Bowman Draft for 2015 right now!

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
If he's anything like his dad, he's in great company. I think a lot of fans forget what a base stealing threat Vlad was in his younger days. I wish his knees would have held up so he could have played a few more years. Perhaps he was a victim of the Olympic Stadium astro turf like Dawson? Underrated player IMO.

ben.z2010

Jan 17, 2012
Indianapolis, IN

While I don't necessarily disagree with you on his lower half, I'd say that was a pretty impressive round for a 15 year old. Scouts aren't necessarily looking for perfect swings out of these kids. They're looking for the tools needed to play. He looks like a strong kid with quick hands. That's what scouts want to see. I'm not sure how many kid from the Caribbean have been shown how to swing, they just do it. He'll have many years to learn how to perfect his swing.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
He looks impressive in that video to me. Remember that almost no one gets drafted/signed on their current skill set, it's all about projectability and in some cases pedigree. His frame is huge for a 15 yo. You can't teach size or power and he has both. The lower body isn't an issue to me. I'm more concerned about his mechanics and how often he was getting top spin on the ball. A scout sees that's and knows to correct his grip and allow him to get backspin on a ball. So instead of hitting sinking line drives he'll start hitting fly balls and carry. Of course this is all moot if he can't hit in-game pitching or recognize pitches. I wonder if he has his fathers freakish hand eye coordination?

Members online

Latest posts