Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rumor: Sting will have his first match with returning Punk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
"There are numerous speculations from fans as to how Sting will make his entrance in the promo…. Rumors of The Undertaker being his first fight excites the fans even more. However, it is reported that the undertaker is on leave from the franchise for what seems to be forever for his fans, so it might not be possible for him to take on Sting upon his entry on the WWE. Another name that has surfaced and is rumored to face the veteran wrestler on the WWE ring is John Cena, who is a very likely candidate, since it was reported previously that Sting’s debut might actually be in line with CM Punk’s rumored return. As reported, CM Punk will be playing the role of a party crasher during Sting’s promo, focusing the attention to him instead, and causing Sting to have another promo on a different date-one that will not involve CM Punk, or anyone for that matter, to crash it.”

...I don't buy it. I think Punk's gone forever. But I'd love to see it nonetheless

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Given that HHH and Steph can't stand Punk I have my doubts on this one but if Vince makes the call on it there might be a chance.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Oh, I bet HHH and Steph hate Punk with every bone in their body.

None of that will matter when it comes to him returning.

Everyone knows what happened, and everyone will want to tune in to watch.

They will hype up him returning with promos weeks in advance and cut promos about what a piece of **** he is for leaving when everything depended on him and everyone will want to tune in to watch.

To WWE, CM Punk = $$$. His merch was still the second best selling behind Cena months after he walked out.

Vince, HHH, Steph and everyone else know this.

Punk will be coming back only for the huge payday a la Brock Lesnar. Hell, it won't even be a secret. I can almost guarantee in his first promo, he will tell everyone so. And still, everyone will know it and tune in to watch it.

Personal feelings aside, Triple H resigning Punk is what's best for business.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
When it happens, I will be watching with great interest. Right now, the WWE has very little to tune in to. I'm rolling through the Nitro's, since that's an infinity more exciting to me.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I don't understand why people hate so much on Punk

He walked out. In the long run, who cares. The only real loser, in any sense, is him. Not WWE, not the fans, not Vince.

I can't put myself in his shoes since I have no idea what exactly was going on and he hasn't come out to defend himself against anything said, which neither confirms or denies anything.

The wheels keep rollin and the machine moves on.

Just like when HBK lost his smile, the show moved on and 5 years later people accepted HBK back and he had his best matches.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Because people like to be edgy and cool. And the cool thing for WWE fans is to now hate on Punk for leaving. So people do it just to fit in with the crowd. There's no real reason to hate Punk for leaving. He did what was best for him and his life. His contract was up in a few months anyways and he was going to leave regardless. Did he go about it the wrong way and throw a fit and just up and leave? Sure, but honestly, so what? He was sick of the BS and walked. It's really no different than any normal person getting fed up with their 9-5 job and walking out without a two week notice. But because he's a well known wrestler, it's a huge deal. WWE has no remorse in cutting wrestlers and gives them no notice. So what's the big deal with Punk cutting out a few months early with no notice?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
CM Punk was handed everything on a silver platter from WWE. He was getting the John Cena treatment from the company. Nothing but the best. They catered to him, put up with all of his bullcrap, hell, he even punched a fan for Christ's sake, and business went on as usual. He was treated as the golden boy. Given everything he asked for. He had a new shirt on WWE.com almost every week, to the point where he didn't wear half of his merchandise on television because they were producing so much so quick. He was given millions of dollars, he was given his own private tour bus. He was given the world. He had what guys like Zack Ryder have only ever dreamed about. And what does he do? He treats his fans like complete garbage every single opportunity he had to do so. He forgot where he came from. That picture of him as a kid with Steve Austin always resonates with me when I think of how Punk was with his fans. What if Austin was a complete and utter **** to a young Phil Brooks that day? What if he had treated Punk like Punk treats his fans? Don't you think Punk would have been devastated that someone he looked up to was a complete dick to him? I like to think he wiould have been. All I've ever heard are horror stories as far as Punks dealing with the fans go. Don't forget where you came from buddy, it's the fans who made you the internet darling and a multi-millionaire. And he treats them like ****? Why? What's the point? That's my problem with Phil Brooks the human being. CM Punk wants to leave WWE? That's fine, people come and go all the time. I just don't like that he seems to have the mentality that he was doing us all a favor for gracing is with his presence.

**** him.

I hope he never comes back. He's the most ungrateful person I've ever seen involved with professional wrestling.

At least Brock Lesnar tells you up front it's all about the money.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
CM Punk was handed everything on a silver platter from WWE.

not true. this only happened after he became a megastar. before that, Heyman had to fight to even have him on ECW

He was getting the John Cena treatment from the company. Nothing but the best. They catered to him, put up with all of his bullcrap,

only after he become a megastar and starting making them a ton of money. how is that any different than the Dodgers giving Kershaw a huge deal? He makes them more money and performs better so he gets paid more

hell, he even punched a fan for Christ's sake,

after the fan clocked him (albeit, he hit the wrong one). I can't say I would not have done the same thing

He had a new shirt on WWE.com almost every week, to the point where he didn't wear half of his merchandise on television because they were producing so much so quick.

this has everything to do with wwe capitalizing off his success. I don't see how you blame the performer for the business pimping him out. do we complain because baseball teams pump out new merch for their stars every week? no

He was given millions of dollars, he was given his own private tour bus. He was given the world. He had what guys like Zack Ryder have only ever dreamed about.

Ryder never came close to being what Punk was for the company. Let's be honest, Ryder did get internet famous and that's how he got his pops. Punk worked his ass off for 5 years before hitting it huge.

And what does he do? He treats his fans like complete garbage every single opportunity he had to do so. He forgot where he came from. That picture of him as a kid with Steve Austin always resonates with me when I think of how Punk was with his fans. What if Austin was a complete and utter **** to a young Phil Brooks that day?

Austin was an ******* back then. He will even tell you so. People forget easily that he beat on Debra and settled out of court. Movie stars, other athletes and musicians are ******** too. Punk isn't alone there. But if you read the reports about Punk, he treated overbearing-neckbearded-fanboys who shoved items in his face to get autographed like an *******. I never heard of him being mean to a kid in a wheelchair or old lady like Orton.

I added my thoughts to what you said

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I added my thoughts to what you said

I should have clarified.

Everything I said I meant post-Chicago return.

He came back and they treated him like a God.

And that wasn't good enough for him. He got a big head and thought he was better than the business.

He walked because he didn't want to do a program with Triple H.

#PissOnPunk

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
After watching his doc, I don't think it's because he has a big head. I think quite the opposite.

I think it's because he hates famous people but happens to be famous himself and doesn't know how to handle the fame.

It's like people who go from being dirt poor to winning the lottery. Most of em go broke because they have no idea how to manage the money.

Now take a loner-outcast type of guy with few friends like Punk who never craved attention and put him in front of 20,000 fans each Monday and Friday plus house shows 4 other days a week; have TMZ follow him around because he is a star; have people shove crap in your face to sign; you now need security at your house because people wont leave you alone; "fans" are going through your trash looking for things to get of yours; you can't go anywhere because people won't leave you alone.

Yeah, I can see why he will build a wall and become aggressive towards people. I would too and I can see why athletes are the way they are.

At heart, he's an indy guy with that indy mentality who hit it huge because he is miles better than everybody else.

They worshipped the ground he walked on in ROH.

In WWE, he was an object to people.

He still is.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
After watching his doc, I don't think it's because he has a big head. I think quite the opposite.

I think it's because he hates famous people but happens to be famous himself and doesn't know how to handle the fame.

It's like people who go from being dirt poor to winning the lottery. Most of em go broke because they have no idea how to manage the money.

Now take a loner-outcast type of guy with few friends like Punk who never craved attention and put him in front of 20,000 fans each Monday and Friday plus house shows 4 other days a week; have TMZ follow him around because he is a star; have people shove crap in your face to sign; you now need security at your house because people wont leave you alone; "fans" are going through your trash looking for things to get of yours; you can't go anywhere because people won't leave you alone.

Yeah, I can see why he will build a wall and become aggressive towards people. I would too and I can see why athletes are the way they are.

At heart, he's an indy guy with that indy mentality who hit it huge because he is miles better than everybody else.

They worshipped the ground he walked on in ROH.

In WWE, he was an object to people.

He still is.

I have as much sympathy for him as I have for Kurt Cobain.

Cry me a river asshats.

They work their asses off their entire life to achieve success, and then when they do, it's all the sudden 'too much to handle."

Oh boo hoo.

They had lives millions of people would literally kill to have, then they want to play the victim.

I just can't have empathy or sympathy for a person like that.

I have no compassion for the woe-is-me type.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I don't think anyone is giving him sympathy.

I'm not

I'm just saying I can understand his attitude change.

I would love to have more money, but I would not want life as a celebrity

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
I don't really care what Punk does one way or another an don't really think much more or less of him either way... But even if he's whiny gotta give him props for having the balls to just walk away like that, I think anyone else would ultimately just settle and give in.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I don't really care what Punk does one way or another an don't really think much more or less of him either way... But even if he's whiny gotta give him props for having the balls to just walk away like that, I think anyone else would ultimately just settle and give in.

If he wants to walk away and breach his contract, fine.

But he shouldn't be a little bitch after the fact and be sending WWE legal letters concerning royalties.

He quit, he breached the contract, be shouldn't be entitled to royalties any longer.

Members online