Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

(4) Cy Young Contenders Bad Luck Stats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I was looking at some stats and noticed a run at the beginning of the year w/ Cueto where he was pitching well w/o getting wins. Here are the 4 Cy Young Contenders (IMO at this time) and the games where they have pitched at least 7 innings and gave up 2 earned runs or less. Look at Felix , 9 times pitching that well w/o picking up the win ! And Clayton , he basically has gotten a decision every times he has pitched (I think only 3 games he didn't factor).

Felix Hernandez
6 times which resulted in ND and 3 in L's

Chris Sale
3 times which resulted in ND and 1 in an L

Clayton Kershaw
0 ND 0 L

Johnny Cueto
5 times which resulted in ND and 1 in an L

- Ryan

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
A Quality Start should be 7IP and 2ER or fewer rather than what it currently is at 6IP and 3ER or fewer. The current QS would give a pitcher a 4.50 ERA...not very quality at all IMO. 7IP/2ER would be much more telling of how "quality" the pitcher was that year (~2.57 ERA).

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
A Quality Start should be 7IP and 2ER or fewer rather than what it currently is at 6IP and 3ER or fewer. The current QS would give a pitcher a 4.50 ERA...not very quality at all IMO. 7IP/2ER would be much more telling of how "quality" the pitcher was that year (~2.57 ERA).

That's what my stats are showing , I don't like 6/3 either . Those to me are the "ehh" games. Where they could go either way depending on offense etc. 7/2 , as u stated is a good/great star you should win. Felix should have up to 9 more wins , but lets say 4 or 5 at least is reasonable. Cueto should have 3 or so more W's. Their teams def let them down.

Ryan

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska

If you go by this standard.. felix wins by a landslide

Sent from my SM-G900T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts