Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now that Chris Young is a Yankee....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Hello everyone!
I haven't been around much the past few months and I'm preparing to become a dad once again with-in the next few weeks... ok, that's OT but just saying that because I still have been following from a distance the season this year.

My guy, Chris Young (yes the one that is still in a D-Backs uni in my sig) is now with the Yankees... I just found that out looking at the replay of his walk-off from last night.

With the A's he wan't that good. With the Mets even worse. Now with the Yankees... well, good start.

My question is, now that he's with the Yankees, do you think he's going to get the love he deserves? Ok, his past 3 years are not too great but look at his numbers before.
Do you think the Yankees can exploit/bring out the best of him?

I wa shocked to find out that they picked him up. But I'm happy not because it's the Yankees, but because he deserves playing time and he deserves to be on a team as good as the Yankees. They are not my favorite team (White Sox), but I honestly don't care for what team he plays on as long as he plays and shows results.

So, I hope he gets the love (by the fans and collectors) that he deserves. Here's to hoping that this change brings the best out of him and happy to say that I'm still his #1 collector! (even from across the pond) :)

As usual, all opinions welcome... this is not about starting a war or conflict between Yankees fans and others. I just would like honest opinions.
Take care!
Dominique

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
The only way I see for Young to have a hobby and fan spike is if he continues this heroics that eventually land the Yankees on the playoffs. Which is a long shot. Doubt they will have him back next year.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Thanks Rich... glad to be back eventhough it's not as often as I would like.
We'll see for the B-day group in November! :)

I hope he does continue his heroics... and I hope the Yankees realize that they can get something out of him for years to come. Long shot may be to much... 50-50 in my opinion.
Time will tell! :)

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good to see you posting and congrats on the upcoming fatherhood!!!
I would love to see ANYONE start to carry the Yankees for the next few years.
DANNY

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
he never lived up to his rookie year. But if there is any stadium to revive a power hitters career, yankee stadium is the one...or coors field lol

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I'd love to see him find his stroke again...he has some very solid years here. He's never going to hit for average, but hovering near (or below) .200 is just not good enough, even if he hits 25 HR.

Nice start so far, never thought I'd find myself rooting for the Yankees, but they have plenty of former D-backs at the moment, so I feel right at home.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Chris Young (and as a DBack fan , I wish it was different) isn't going to have any long term effect or hobby love anywhere. It's years past when it had a chance. Even after he left AZ he got off to rocket stars in OAK etc to come back to garbage. I wouldn't hold my great for a .200 hitter who gets hot for a month here n there to stay consistent. Though I must say I'm not rooting against that , just feel it never will happen

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts