Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milwaukee fans, what's your opinion on this collapse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
First off, I'm not trolling.

I would just like to know the mindset of Brewers fans. The team had a real chance at running away with the Central, then it went south really fast.

Why do you guys think this happened?

And do you still think Lucroy believes the Brewers are a better team than St. Louis, and better at every position?

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Because it is the Brewers and Jonathan Charles Lucroy is an American professional baseball catcher and first baseman for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball.
Is not better then Molina :p

BUTT it is Friday!

friday-damn.jpg
african-women-romantic-wear.jpg

Last edited:

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
First off, I'm not trolling.

I would just like to know the mindset of Brewers fans. The team had a real chance at running away with the Central, then it went south really fast.

Why do you guys think this happened?

And do you still think Lucroy believes the Brewers are a better team than than St. Louis, and better at every position?

I think the dog days caught up to them. I knew being in first place for 90% of the season could be bad. Are they a better team? Im a firm believer that every team has a chance, it just comes down to who wants it more. The Brewers have a very talented team but a team with little to no playoff experience. St louis has that and they know how to play for it. Baseball is a funny sport, your team can win 10 in a row and people say "great", but they lose 10 in a row and now the average fan who hardly understands baseball is screaming fire Doug and Ron they dont know what they are doing. I look at it this way, I saw a lot of wins this year until the last month of the season. Ive been watching Brewers games since the 80's, how often do they make the playoffs?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I think the dog days caught up to them. I knew being in first place for 90% of the season could be bad. Are they a better team? Im a firm believer that every team has a chance, it just comes down to who wants it more. The Brewers have a very talented team but a team with little to no playoff experience. St louis has that and they know how to play for it. Baseball is a funny sport, your team can win 10 in a row and people say "great", but they lose 10 in a row and now the average fan who hardly understands baseball is screaming fire Doug and Ron they dont know what they are doing. I look at it this way, I saw a lot of wins this year until the last month of the season.

After their hot start, and continued success throughout the season, I kept telling myself that they would eventually cool off and it would be a three team dog fight for the division down to the last game of the season. I didn't figure they would take a complete nose dive.

I was wondering myself if someone's job would be on the line. They have a great nucleus, and I think if they bolster up a little bit they could be even better next season.

Pittsburgh can still come back and win the Central. I'm not counting them out by any means. Them having one more game than the Cardinals at the end of the season may bite the Cards in the ass.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The Brewers got whatever malfunction Cincinnati has and faded fast. It was a four way race at the All Star break and the Reds just hit the skids! The NL Central was the division to be watched and every 4:00pm game in the division became an 8pm national TV game.

Kudos to the Pirates and Cardinals for their comebacks. Im rooting for the Pirates to win the division just because I hate Molina and the Cardinals!

Fordman

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
After their hot start, and continued success throughout the season, I kept telling myself that they would eventually cool off and it would be a three team dog fight for the division down to the last game of the season. I didn't figure they would take a complete nose dive.

I was wondering myself if someone's job would be on the line. They have a great nucleus, and I think if they bolster up a little bit they could be even better next season.

Pittsburgh can still come back and win the Central. I'm not counting them out by any means. Them having one more game than the Cardinals at the end of the season may bite the Cards in the ass.

If the Brewers want to continue contending they need to make their moves this off season. If Doug doesnt buy this year Theo will be. 2 to 3 years the Cubs will be the team to beat in the NL Central.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Inconsistent at just about every position. The numbers early in the year suggested they were playing over their heads but nonetheless it's been hard to watch. You can't point fingers in any one direction really but they had hot streaks in different areas with exception being their offense apparently. 2 guys among their leaders in home runs aren't even "every day" players. Braun has been horrible (injury or lack of roids is another conversation) as has Gallardo. The division as a whole was willing to let someone run away with it this year and no one stepped up. Cardinals seemed to say "well if you're not going to take it, we will".
Bottom line though like has been said elsewhere, the guys with the contracts gotta earn them and they haven't this year. God I hate the Cardinals. Some day we'll own them and it'll be that much sweeter I guess

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
They just aren't there. Peralta could be the next Cueto, but not this year. Lots of home runs, but no main power supply. Jimmy Nelson needs another pitch. No one has stepped up to be a leader (I miss Prince).

Basically, and not to sound like a Cub fan: next year could be the year.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Hmmm usually Braun or Gomez get most of the road heat. What's the beef with Lucroy?

He spewed some nonsense earlier in the year his team was better than the STL at every position or something.Just like Morgan 3 years ago, he's eating his words by the spoonful now.Whoops.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
So one fluke year makes him the best catcher in the NL?

Fluke? I won't say he's the best yet as I can humbly admit Yadi (as much as I hate him) is the best catcher of the last decade and while I can't stand him it's a respectful hate and enjoy watching him play. That said, Lucroy ain't no fluke

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
He spewed some nonsense earlier in the year his team was better than the STL at every position or something.Just like Morgan 3 years ago, he's eating his words by the spoonful now.Whoops.

Eh, at the time it was probably true, temporarily based on results. Besides, what do you expect a guy to say about his teammates?

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
So one fluke year makes him the best catcher in the NL?

Fluke? Your funny, look at his stats over the last 3 years. Fluke? You obviously don't know a good ball player even with stats in your face. Then again maybe you didn't even bother to look.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Fluke? Your funny, look at his stats over the last 3 years. Fluke? You obviously don't know a good ball player even with stats in your face. Then again maybe you didn't even bother to look.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

So he did have 80 RBI the year before.But to say he is better than Posey or Molina is a stretch.

Members online

Latest posts