Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who here remembers the "Phil Hughes outing" on Becket boards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Having read the link, I see the article has the photo already so never mind.....I remember Hughes was collecting Hank Conger also he has some insane amount of game used stuff from Clemens, Manny and some other high level stars

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Phil was great, talked to him a bunch of times on IM. I still have 2 auto balls he sent me.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
There were posts where people didn't believe him and wanted him to prove he was Phil.

A regular pic wasn't enough, take a pic with your screen name or show us your game used futures jerseys.

I'm sure there was more, a great thread.

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
I was a member of the Becket boards at that time and I remember it. I didn't post in the thread. I discovered it while it was going on. Does anybody remember what year that was? It had to be 8 or 9 years ago.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm thinking it's definitely earlier than October 07 because by that time, he was showcasing cards he was signing for companies. I specifically remember 07 ud black.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't in the majors yet when he got "outed."

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not hard to imagine for someone who collects. If most players didn't collect or stopped collecting as a kid, then I don't see them "wasting" time on a trading card message board. I have heard of a number of guys who collect interacting with fans. Pat Neshek is well known for his hobby intreating. I wonder if Gary Carter was active online before he died. I believe Frank Thomas (50s) does as well, but old school through phone/usps. More seem to be doing Facebook and other social media as well, but I'd guess the retired players are more apt to interact than current players.

Members online

Latest posts