Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Leather & Lumber Platinum Question, Does anyone have one of their player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
Hey all, just wanted to know if anyone has a copy of the Platinum 1/1 versions of the cards in the 05 Donruss Leather & Lumber insert set? I have what I think is one but I can't post a pic of it right now and just needed to verify that the foil is correct. Thanks

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I think I had the Carlos Lee one years ago (I know it was Lee, I'm 90% sure it was L&L). It was stamped 1/1 and had this sky-blue to steel-blue hue in the foil.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
Thanks guys, that is the card I'm talking about, same colored foil (blueish/platinum colored)...the only thing is that mine isn't stamped on the back and looks a little off cut top to bottom. I pulled this card from a pack back in 2005 put it in a box and forgot about it until I just recently found it again. Can't get the image to load but its Griffey LL-12??? Any ideas. I try to load the image again later

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
Does anyone have the stamped 1/1 of this Griffey card? Mine is the Platinum version which is supposed to be 1 of 1 but there is no stamp on the back of the card. But this card did come from a pack, has anyone else heard of these versions or do they have another example of any other players out there. Just trying to gauge the marketplace for this card as I have several collectors who have contacted me for this card but wanted to find out more about it first. Thanks for any insights or help

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Does anyone have the stamped 1/1 of this Griffey card? Mine is the Platinum version which is supposed to be 1 of 1 but there is no stamp on the back of the card. But this card did come from a pack, has anyone else heard of these versions or do they have another example of any other players out there. Just trying to gauge the marketplace for this card as I have several collectors who have contacted me for this card but wanted to find out more about it first. Thanks for any insights or help

What part of the card is the stamp supposed to be ? The Griffey is way O/C , so could it have got cut off ? But then it Prob would have shown at the top of the card where the bottom of the other one is. Just throwing out an idea , but not sure it fits

Ryan

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
What part of the card is the stamp supposed to be ? The Griffey is way O/C , so could it have got cut off ? But then it Prob would have shown at the top of the card where the bottom of the other one is. Just throwing out an idea , but not sure it fits

Ryan

This card set is numbered on the back of the card (there is a ribbon where the foil stamped print run was displayed). Yes the card is off center top-to bottom but the only thing missing is the foil 1/1 stamp on the back. Thats why I wanted to see if any of the Griffey collectors have this card in their collection to see if this is the only one or if there are now 2.

Members online

Latest posts