Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Immaculate - likes/dislikes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
We've seen a bunch of breaks now and tons have hit eBay. What is everyone's opinion? Well outside of not liking stickers and no logos so save those gripes. Lol

- I like that there are tags and buttons of the cheaper players so if you pull one it's much better than hitting a plain junk relic.

- I like the amount of nice patches even in the /99 cards

Dislikes:
- the amount of nobody players or guys I've never heard of.

- the amount of dud boxes being busted. For $180 a box you should not be pulling $20 in cards.

-the lack of old timers. This is what made NT a huge hit. Why couldn't they have added more?

That's just a few of mine. What does everyone else think?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The patches seem to be a little inconsistent (though I'm mostly searching for Brewers). Some /99 have nicer patches than /25, etc.
some of the "black" autos could stand a thinner marker as well.
I'll save the likes for when I get some in-hand lol

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Dislike - Hello 'meh' jersey cards. Every break I've watched it's just bleh. Sure, there are some monsters, but most is just an 'acetate' jersey /99. Cool. No ingenuity or cleverness in the construction of the serial numbering or swatches. Bleh.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I actually would have liked to see Albert Belle in this... my wallet on the other hand likes that he isn't in this.

In all seriousness though, there is a HUGE lack in vintage guys... I think we thought this was going to be NT 2.0 but it's clearly not.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I actually would have liked to see Albert Belle in this... my wallet on the other hand likes that he isn't in this.

In all seriousness though, there is a HUGE lack in vintage guys... I think we thought this was going to be NT 2.0 but it's clearly not.
Yes. But I'm biased.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

Eh, I figured if they had that kinda stuff in house they'd just make 2014 NT. So they either don't plan on such a release again without license or the vintage GU market has dried to the point where it may take years to acquire enough inventory to produce a set that can live up to the name

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I think Panini is doing the right thing by not releasing a NT set every year. It helps them build inventory for relics/cut autos plus it help build hype and anticipation for the product. Two years later, we're still talking about 2012 NT and hope another set gets released.

As for Immaculate: is this to be compared to Topps Triple Threads?

Fordman

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this enough said

15169814720_1ae5a79313.jpg

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
This is kind of odd to me. A post-retirement high-end set putting Molitor (who was my favorite player) with Toronto? Eh?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Panini...1149600447?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item566a3d76bf
Like [MENTION=2212]Brewer Andy[/MENTION] said, it fits with some of what we've seen. I don't like that a new set has cards of current players wearing uniforms they haven't worn in 6 years, like Adam Dunn with the Reds. What I like seeing are retired players pictured in the team uniform (granted, no logos) from which the memorabilia in the cards came from. I hate seeing memorabilia in cards which did not come from the team's uniform the player is wearing on front.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Like @Brewer Andy said, it fits with some of what we've seen. I don't like that a new set has cards of current players wearing uniforms they haven't worn in 6 years, like Adam Dunn with the Reds. What I like seeing are retired players pictured in the team uniform (granted, no logos) from which the memorabilia in the cards came from. I hate seeing memorabilia in cards which did not come from the team's uniform the player is wearing on front.

I agree. Michael Cuddyer and Justin Morneau memorabilia has been all Twins jerseys in Rockies cards.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I agree. Michael Cuddyer and Justin Morneau memorabilia has been all Twins jerseys in Rockies cards.

I had a chance at a tuff Will Clark patch /4 from a heavily collected set . He's in Rangers Uni w/ a Giants Patch. Killed all my interest in it. I never understood the concept of them doing that

Ryan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
small prime material die-cut windows are my biggest gripe. Makes me glad I"m more of a NT2012 collector since you can get prime pieces in larger die-cut windows.

Members online

Latest posts