Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions on inscribed game used items

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
Not sure how else to phrase but say you are looking to buy a game used bat and the bat is not only signed but inscribed "hr #***".

Without an exact photo/video match, how much stock do you put into that bat actually having been used to hit that exact hr?

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Unless it's authenticated by mlb as such, there's no way to prove it was used for that particular accomplishment. I'd say if true, that's pretty cool, but with no way to prove it, then I wouldn't pay extra.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
$850 for a Rafael Palmeiro bat. That's why I'm asking so many questions. I normally don't pay over $135 for his gamers.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'd be suspicious of a nice round number and would want someone much better versed in hand writing authentication than myself to pay a premium. Unless the player or estate was the seller direct

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Autograph authentication companies will often note if the writing was the player's. I'm not an expert on these things but I imagine if it was written by the player, there's a decent chance it is legit.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
Without a definite video/photo match I tend to start to think what if the player just genuinely doesn't care and wrote whatever he was told to by his agent or whoever was paying him at that time for the inscription. Spending $100 I'd definitely take the risk. Spending $800-$900? I'd like to be as sure as possible. And as much as I want a Raffy gamer with a hr in it...I'm super skeptical.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
I haven't dug that deep yet. I think I covered all of the simple searches like Getty, Google, Youtube, MLB.com etc Looks like I will shoot an email to the O's soon. :) Thank you for the idea.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
I have to doublecheck my dates as well. Be sure if he was with O's or Rangers at the time of this hr.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts