Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants vs. Pirates Wild Card Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I think people had written off the Giants a little too soon - surprised still that the Pirates didn't skip cole's start on Sunday and have him pitch this one. They probably thought the Giants would be a cakewalk.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Giants are dangerous. After winning it all in 10 and 12, they have a lot of confidence and playoff experience going into the playoffs. Bumgarner is dominating, and his complete game shutout gave their bullpen some more rest. I'm still pulling for the Nats though. :D

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I think people had written off the Giants a little too soon - surprised still that the Pirates didn't skip cole's start on Sunday and have him pitch this one. They probably thought the Giants would be a cakewalk.

I think it was the opposite. They figured if there was a chance to avoid the WC game they had to give it their best shot.
I think it's safe to say that Bumgarner is one of the elite pitchers in the game. I don't think anyone would underestimate that.

Members online