Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1954 Bowman Signed Set Thread *Updated 6/4/14 The Final Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
Ok this is my first post in this thread that I will update every time I get a new card for my set which I have been working on for about 6 months now. After the first couple days I will take down all the scans in this first post so it is easier to view and just post a link. Comments and questions are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks
T
1.jpg
67.jpg
85.jpg
104.jpg
119.jpg
120.jpg
124.jpg
5.jpg
14.jpg
19.jpg
21.jpg
25.jpg
39.jpg
46.jpg
48.jpg
53.jpg
81.jpg
84.jpg
102.jpg
117.jpg
123.jpg
133.jpg
150.jpg
159.jpg
162.jpg
165.jpg
170.jpg
172.jpg
185.jpg
194.jpg
198.jpg
213.jpg
214.jpg
221.jpg

Last edited:

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
Re: My Bowman Set Progression Thread Lots of Scans

That is a good looking set! Good luck on getting the rest. Who do you think will be the toughest to find?

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

shuedini said:
That is a good looking set! Good luck on getting the rest. Who do you think will be the toughest to find?
I'm a realist so I don't think I'll ever finish the set my goal is 80%. Toughest to find will probably be Vern Bickford he died in 1960. Most expensive will most likely be Ted Williams as his 54 Bowman is one of the most rare post war vintage cards.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

One of my favorite Bowman Sets! These and 51 Bowman always make my day.

Its going to be a challenge to get the whole set with PSA/DNA if thats what your going for, but should be a fun challenge nonetheless!

All the good luck I can give you man.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

Talmer,

Awesome set you got going there man. They look great together! GL getting more and eventually reaching your goal!

That Rizzuto is really nice! Are you going to eventually grade them all by PSA/DNA?? I think you should, as they look very nice in those slabs and it will give them great protection.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

scotty21690 said:
Talmer,

Awesome set you got going there man. They look great together! GL getting more and eventually reaching your goal!

That Rizzuto is really nice! Are you going to eventually grade them all by PSA/DNA?? I think you should, as they look very nice in those slabs and it will give them great protection.
I do want to get them PSA/DNA but i don't know exactly how much that costs, I know BGS charges $30 and considered I've gotten most deceased players that are slabbed for around $15 that is gonna be expensive. Maybe someone on here can help with how much Psa/Dna runs as I prefer that to the Beckett Spence Slabs.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

birdsfan85 said:
scotty21690 said:
Talmer,

I do want to get them PSA/DNA but i don't know exactly how much that costs, I know BGS charges $30 and considered I've gotten most deceased players that are slabbed for around $15 that is gonna be expensive. Maybe someone on here can help with how much Psa/Dna runs as I prefer that to the Beckett Spence Slabs.

$20/card I'm pretty sure.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008

That is a simply amazing project, and they are beautiful - WOW!!! Good Luck in your quest.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

70Chip said:
That is a simply amazing project, and they are beautiful - WOW!!! Good Luck in your quest.
Thanks 70 and being a Marylander as well this actually started out as an original O's signed team set but I really like the look of the cards and it went from there.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008

birdsfan85 said:
70Chip said:
Thanks 70 and being a Marylander as well this actually started out as an original O's signed team set but I really like the look of the cards and it went from there.

Where in MD???

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

Middletown, 5-10 minutes west of Frederick
70Chip said:
birdsfan85 said:
70Chip said:

Where in MD???

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008

birdsfan85 said:
Middletown, 5-10 minutes west of Frederick
70Chip said:
birdsfan85 said:
70Chip said:

Where in MD???

I know it well. I grew up in Montgomery County (Rockville, Gaithersburg) and went to HS in Damascus (a long time ago). In fact, we made the trip up to Middletown to play you guys a couple of times. I live in the White Marsh (Baltimore) area now. Cool to see another MD'er on here, there are a few.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

WOw!! What's amazing is all the cards are in fairly good shape. Keep it going.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

One more in the mail today most likely last of this week. Hank Bauer
129.jpg

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

Got Gil Coan back TTM today #36 so far.
40.jpg

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

Added My 4th Hofer today in the mail.
110.jpg

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

I am giving these two away, I got them in lots and don't want/need them for my set.

coan.jpg

joost.jpg

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008

Added a Biggie on Saturday Don Larsen Rc, this card was a PSA 8oc I'll bet it wouldn't grade a 5 after the trip to Idaho and back.
101.jpg

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
Re: My Bowman Set Progression Thread *Updated 10/22*

Another one in today Bill Serena passed away in 1996
93.jpg

Members online