Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have any 2014 box prices gone up after release?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I enjoy busting wax a few times a year. It's been several months since I've done so, and at this point, I probably won't buy any wax until my annual Black Friday splurge.

I'm not sure why I included that little intro, but with that being said, I've noticed that many of the box prices I checked out a month or so ago have gone WAY down. Specifically, Topps Chrome has dropped over $20 a box, and Stadium Club has dropped even more.

So, back to the thread title: Has anything actually gone UP this year?

Thanks in advance for your input.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Everything at my local shop has/ does. I love the owners and I love the shop but I've never once seen a price of any wax go down. Ever.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Has anything actually gone UP this year?

Panini Immaculate Baseball.

EDIT: and I"m wrong. Just price-checked the product for the first time in a few weeks to see if it was still hovering around $220/box and I see at least one dealer has slashed it to $170 - that's a better price that I recall a lot of people paid in their pre-order. You'd think with the big O people were having over that product, the release price would hold more or less (say $215+) or would be out of stock at most reputable online wax dealers.

and, yes, the prices of most things go down over time - that's why I rarely buy any wax I feel like busting at release because I know I should be able to get it cheaper by waiting.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Didn't Archives actually go up shortly after release this year, due to Limited release?

Maybe [MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION] knows...

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
2014 Bowman Hobby & Jumbo - hobby was around $60-$65 at release and Jumbos I preordered at $100.

2013-14 NT Hockey went up
2013-14 Immaculate Collection BKB went up
2014 Exquisite Golf went up

Members online