Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great card found at a great price!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1414296779.327536.jpg

Sometimes it pays to go to mall shows and look around to see what's out there, you never know when you'll see something that's hard to find or mis-priced. I came across this nice one last weekend and vaguely remembered that these weren't easy to come by back in 2000. I wasn't sure of the book value, there was a $25 price sticker on it, I asked if the guy would take $20 and he gladly accepted. After walking around some more I wandered back around and found a price guide to see how I did on it.... High book was $200 on it. Scored!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
High book was $200 on it. Scored!

One needs to use ebay value (for cards that actually sell, not for those listed and never sold) as a value. High value is for your grandma who doesn't have a PC and the internet. ;)

Moxacaine posted a true ebay value so you did great for $20.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Of course, there also tends to be a difference between BBV (Big Boyd Value) and ebay value!

I have not followed that set all that closely recently but from what I've seen over the years that auction was actually about as low as those go for. I've seen those sell for over 100 many times.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
eBay value, Sports Card Trader value, Beckett value or BigBoyd Value, it doesn't matter; I'd buy copies of that for $20 a day, all day.

Congrats, OP !

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
I only referenced book value cause at the time I had no way of checking Ebay for past sales. Only reference I could get my hands on was the Beckett book. I just knew from memory that these weren't that easy to find back in the day and I was right. I had to go back and see if there was anything else I might have missed but that was it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts