Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which prospect are you most excited to watch this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MetsCollector456

Aug 7, 2008
East Haven, CT
For me it would have to be Ryan Strieby. Not only because I have his super but because the second half of the Milb season last year, he just went on a surge. Milb.com has took his split stats off of his page for 2008 but from what I remember, before the All-star break, he hit just .258 I think it was with 10 or 11 HRs. After the All-star break he hit .308 with 18 HRs (including homering in 6 straight games). I know there had to be a reason for this, I thought maybe he had done something to his mechanics and I was correct. The prospect handbook states that halfway through the 2008 season, Strieby had tweaked the mechanics of his swing. Granted it was in high A ball but I am very much so looking forward to seeing how he does in AA this year.

Which guys are you most looking forward to seeing how they do this year?

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Neftali Feliz, I live like 15 minutes from where they play so will definately have to check him out before he's gone.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Porcello, because he has been the Tigers best pitcher in ST so far. A 1.50 ERA is looking nice right now in ST. I realize it's only ST, but a 1.50 ERA gets me excited for the future.

MetsCollector456

Aug 7, 2008
East Haven, CT
darocker80 said:
MAdison Bumgarner after his triple crown season and buster posey's first full season

I am also looking forward to see how Bummy does coming off his triple crown season.

Matt LaPorta will also be in my sights as he is starting the year in AAA and is coming off a very restful year. Hopefully he comes out blasting and never stops. :D

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
assuming he gets assigned to cucamonga, trevor reckling. just picked this up for $14 dlvd
!BOfOuDwB2k~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,3Y5BJu+RK,lkw~~_1.jpg

hagausaf

Nov 23, 2008
Tampa, FL
Hopefully he continues his great spring!

IMG_0001-2.jpg

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
aw00d05 said:
Neftali Feliz, I live like 15 minutes from where they play so will definately have to check him out before he's gone.

live 30 minutes away on the other side of town. over by mesquite. cool.

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009
i would have to say

julio borbon
derek holland
neftali feliz
justin smoak
michael main

the wave of the future for the texas rangers, not to mention that some or most of these players will be playing on the same team. or minor league system rocks. now they have to contribute to the big boys in arlington and help win us a division title and maybe more. sorry for the list but im so excited to be a rangers fan.

Members online