Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MVP, Cy Young, ROY and Manager awards finalists announced.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Awards Finalists in alphabetical order.

Winners will be chosen live on the MLB Network next week, beginning Monday with the Rookies of the Year, and concluding Thursday with the MVPs.

AL MVP:

Michael Brantley
Victor Martinez
Mike Trout

AL Cy Young:

Felix Hernandez
Corey Kluber
Chris Sale

AL Rookie of the Year:

Jose Abreu
Dellin Betances
Matt Shoemaker

AL Manager of the Year:

Mike Scioscia
Buck Showalter
Ned Yost

NL MVP:

Clayton Kershaw
Andrew McCutchen
Mike Stanton

NL Cy Young:

Johnny Cueto
Clayton Kershaw
Adam Wainwright

NL Rookie of the Year:

Jacob deGrom
Billy Hamilton
Kolten Wong

NL Manager of the Year:

Bruce Bochy
Clint Hurdle
Matt Williams

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I will go with:

AL MVP:
Mike Trout.............scary to think most consider this an off year for him

AL Cy Young:
Felix Hernandez..............never seen a pitcher with as many pitches that he can throw for strikes and mix it up as even as he does

AL Rookie of the Year:
Jose Abreu............if you think he is just a power hitter, you are not paying attention

AL Manager of the Year:
Buck Showalter................thought the O's would be solid but exceeded expectations

NL MVP:
Clayton Kershaw...................historic season

NL Cy Young:
Clayton Kershaw...................see above

NL Rookie of the Year:
Jacob deGrom.........................Hamilton's to lose and he did over the last month of the season

NL Manager of the Year
Bruce Bochy..................take a look at their personal, yet the win enough to make the playoffs

WaxPax

AL MVP:

Mickey Brantley
Victor Martinez
Mike Trout

AL Cy Young:

Felix Hernandez
Corey Kluber
Chris Sale

AL Rookie of the Year:

Jose Abreu
Dellin Betances
Matt Shoemaker

AL Manager of the Year:

Mike Scioscia
Buck Showalter
Ned Yost

NL MVP:

Clayton Kershaw
Andrew McCutchen
Mike Stanton

NL Cy Young:

Johnny Cueto
Clayton Kershaw
Adam Wainwright

NL Rookie of the Year:

Jacob deGrom
Billy Hamilton
Kolten Wong

NL Manager of the Year:

Bruce Bochy
Clint Hurdle
Matt Williams

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
How the holy heck does Altuve not belong in at least the top three? Power wise...no. But I'm still scratching my head. Should he have hit like 15 more homers to be in the conversation? This is insane. I thought MVP was not fan based. Maybe it really is...

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
How the holy heck does Altuve not belong in at least the top three? Power wise...no. But I'm still scratching my head. Should he have hit like 15 more homers to be in the conversation? This is insane. I thought MVP was not fan based. Maybe it really is...

I love Altuve but who out of the top 3 would you replace him with? If it were fan based, not sure Brantley would have gotten consideration.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i hate the preannouncement - takes out a lot of drama when you are told the top 3 and the winner is obvious or highly likely.

I wish the BWAA would just keep their mouths shut until the unveil so one can fans could speculate who would be among the top vote getters.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
i hate the preannouncement - takes out a lot of drama when you are told the top 3 and the winner is obvious or highly likely.

I wish the BWAA would just keep their mouths shut until the unveil so one can fans could speculate who would be among the top vote getters.

I enjoy knowing the finalists.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I love Altuve but who out of the top 3 would you replace him with? If it were fan based, not sure Brantley would have gotten consideration.

Can it be said the finalists were better suited? Brantley IMO is a great player. But Altuve has the stats to belong. Typical....

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Can it be said the finalists were better suited? Brantley IMO is a great player. But Altuve has the stats to belong. Typical....

Altuve is a great young player and had a great season but his season head-to-head vs. Brantley's; he was more productive with more runs scored, runs created, OBP, SLG, HR's, RBI's, etc. plus he was a much better defender saving runs at his position. If you wanted to make the argument to remove V. Martinez from the top 3 to add Altuve, I would not hold you back from that.

Members online

Latest posts