Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Busy Few Weeks - Way too Many Releases coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
11/14 - Leaf Best of FB
11/17 - Totally Cert FB
12/10 - Bowman Sterling FB
11/19 - Panini Classics BB
12/17 - Topps Dynasty BB
11/19 - Totally Cert BK
11/21 - Leaf Valiant BB
11/26 - Crown Royale FB
11/26 Topps Chrome FB
12/3 Topps High Tek

12/10 - Bowman Draft
12/3 - Select FB
12/3 - Prizm BK

12/10 - Topps 5star BB

12/17 - Triple Threads FB
12/19 - Bowman Chrome FB
12/19 - Bowman Sterling BB

12/24 - Topps Strata FB
12/31 - Leaf Trinity BB

Last edited:

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Topps Dynasty makes me both giggle & super sigh. Very nice looking cards, but selling your customers a Gregory Polanco auto for $325 does not bode well for your business in the mid to long run I would think. After returning to this hobby late last year it strikes me the card companies are nothing but memoribilia sellers now, only in cardboard form with a lottery/raffle twist. But of course as a player collector very few releases are going to appeal to me (I've only bought around 6 boxes of 2014 this year from 3 or 4 products), yet my secondary market involvement is the only thing that keeps this era of the hobby going. Seems like the PC guys need the rip & sell profiteers and vise-versa in the 2010s of sportscards. Topps only appeals directly to one group more & more.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
For some reason, dynasty has, at the very least, a Mattingly dual bat auto card.

A....dual....bat...as in wood squares...auto from a $300 pack.

Is it safe to assume that every one in the product has a card like this?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Im thinking Bowman Sterling will be delayed too as it has the same date as bowman Draft now that BDC has been pushed back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Why does topps release so many baseball products in the middle of winter? Honestly I would have a lot more interest in the spring and it seems that all that is out then is base topps. In the spring my options are limited and I'm waiting to get my baseball fix with heritage. If some of these products were released in the spring I might impulsively buy one or two but now it's more of a wait and see approach and pick up some singles if I like them.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Why does topps release so many baseball products in the middle of winter? Honestly I would have a lot more interest in the spring and it seems that all that is out then is base topps. In the spring my options are limited and I'm waiting to get my baseball fix with heritage. If some of these products were released in the spring I might impulsively buy one or two but now it's more of a wait and see approach and pick up some singles if I like them.
Because if they waited until next year, most of these products players would not be rookies. Bowman draft. Bowman Sterling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I'm ok with draft and sterling coming out late but why release stadium club, tek, dynasty and five star in the off season. Even finest and topps chrome seemed like a late release to me. By fall I'm in full on football mode and by the time I'm back in the baseball mood these products are a little stale and singles are plentiful. In all honesty it saves me a ton of money but it just seems weird to me. I understand as a collector I'm not their target market anymore but it seems even the big breakers would prefer some of these as spring releases. The only thing I can think of is that due to the small print runs on these they aren't big money makers and they don't want anything to compete with base topps, heritage, and bowman in the spring.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm ok with draft and sterling coming out late but why release stadium club, tek, dynasty and five star in the off season.

the only thing that makes sense to me is the inclusion of hot hobby rookies keeps these from
being early season releases.

If you released those in March-April during the drought of baseball products, you wouldn't really have the hot hobby rookies. My reasoning: Topps would have to guess and prepare mockups for the rookies that might be impactful (since you have a product lead-time they would have to leave holes to fill for last minute checklist decisions), then make sure those rookies make the 25-man rosters then live up to their billing in the early part of the MLB season and Topps thus misses making more early season products. Plus, you would have no jersey or bat material that early on to make auto-relics since those become available for mid-season, late-season, or end of year
products.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Tek would have been perfect for release at the start of Baseball considering it isn't a rookie focused product and completely geared towards player collectors.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Latest posts