Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kluber = CY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I noticed he was not an AS this year either. There are other pitchers who won a CY w/o being an AS, but the majority are all-stars as well.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
True. I thought maybe he might have been the only pitcher to win the award w/o being named an AS at mid season, but I find a few before I stopped looking. There are probably more than I'd think.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Was Greg Holland not a better and more valuable pitcher this year than Corey Kluber?

I'd take Holland any day of the week over Kluber. And Phil Hughes got 6x the votes Holland did? Unreal.

#closersgetnorespect

Last edited:

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Was Greg Holland not a better and more valuable pitcher this year than Corey Kluber?

I'd take Holland any day of the week over Kluber. And Phil Hughes got 6x the votes Holland did? Unreal.

#closersgetnorespect

With all due respect...Holland over Kluber is just crazy. Without even getting into a debate about stats, Holland is a pen arm. Starters like Kluber are much more difficult to find, and much more valuable to a team, then (most) relief pitchers. I would rather trot out Kluber and Cody Allen then any Royals SP and Holland.

This is no knock on Holland. He was awesome this season (277 ERA+), and couped with Wade Davis (399 ERA+) made easily one of the more dominant 1-2 punches of any pen in the league.

NOTE: this is just my two cents, so I probably could be convinced otherwise...so please don't flame me :)

Members online

Latest posts