Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which is better 2014 Leaf Valiant or Metal Draft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Trying to decide on which case to open.

Anyone here do either?

Checklist is nearly identical but here's where I can't decide.

The cost difference per case is $120 although there are 12 more autos in valiant.

The valiant cards look better for the most part too, but again, is it worth the extra money?

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
For visual appeal at least I like the Valiant now that I have a few of each in hand. I thought I'd stick with just Metal Draft this year and I liked the look but once Valiant was live I got a few and I think they look nicer.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I opened 2 boxes of Valiant and a case of Leaf Metal Draft. I loved my 2 boxes of Valiant - got a Schwarber die cut auto and Kris Bryant gold diecut auto /5

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Busted 4 cases of Metal and 5 cases of Valiant. @Leaf has done really well for me in the past though I will say that 2014 baseball has been slower going than previous years of draft products.

Valiant has really cool diecut cards, always a fan of Honor Guard and like the addition of On Fire (really great design) and High Ceiling is decent as well...similar to the Rising Stock cards from the Football product. If you like them, then go for it. I don't like the "Out of this World" insert set as it quite frankly reminds me of the chrome blemish problems that existed with some 2000 Bowman Chrome cards with all the "stars" all over the card.

My issue with 2014 Metal was that they used the identical design of 2013 Metal with no distinguishable difference...that felt lazy and makes it confusing with several dupes from the 2013 checklist like Buxton and Kris Bryant and Lucas Giolito...

My issue with 2014 Valiant is the design of the base cards with the tiny Leaf logos all over the design. I don't mind the large Leaf logo behind the player but all the small ones are distracting in my opinion.

Personally I think the real problem with both Metal and Valiant is the inclusion of the Perfect Game cards as actual hits per box. There are only 3 or 4 guys worth a darn right now and when you are hitting 2 to 3 per box in Valiant, it really raises the amount per card you need to recover from the rest of the hits. You can get lucky and hit a nice Red 1/1 like Dazmon Cameron like I did, but that was pure luck.

I'm sure I said way more than anyone cares to read but I haven't posted in a long long while.

Members online