Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay is disgusting, just disgusting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
After nearly 10 years as a seller, nearly 5,000 positive feedbacks, nearly $100,000 in sales, $100,000+ in purchases and never any issues, ebay decided to restrict my selling account "forever" due to some arbitrary "minimal" guidelines for selling that were RECENTLY put into place. I can "never" sell on ebay again, and neither can anyone who lives in the same household as me. They never gave me an honest chance to fix the so-called 'problem', just deleted the years of work, time and effort it took to create the 600+ listings I had on there and said 'too bad, you should have done better'. I still have so much money put into what I was selling, and now no means to sell it. I'm completely screwed. All this less than a month before Christmas. I use ebay sales to pay bills, buy presents, etc... Now they tell me to screw off over basically NOTHING with ZERO recourse. Ruining my Christmas, not allowing me to pay my bills, bending me over and telling me 'too bad'. This company is about as UN-AMERICAN as it gets and I hope for nothing but the worst for anyone making these decisions that so negatively affect good people who haven't done ANYTHING wrong who are just trying to get by. I pray for the day that a PROPER auction site is created to compete with and show ebay how to treat people who are their bread and butter. Shame on you, ebay.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
My account was "below standard" because of a few opened cases, which were immediately resolved. The thing is, up until recently, ebay prompted buyers to open cases INSTEAD of simply sending a quick message. Also, I ship cheap cards without tracking and sometimes people take shots by opening cases and I just eat the loss and refund immediately. But, apparently that makes me the devil and ebay decided that they no longer want my business. I had nearly $75,000 worth of cards listed. Now $0 and nowhere to sell them. All less than a month before Christmas. I feel like it's a prank, but it's not, and it's not funny.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Sorry to hear that - they need to have a better policy regarding .99 cent cards because those get sent all the time in a PWE and you can be damn sure that buyers will use any chance they can to scheme. Sellers shouldn't be penalized for that when the only reasonable option is to send PWE no tracking especially if they're willing to issue an immediate refund

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
Can you ship PWE and get a tracking number on it? how much is it to add a tracking number?
and agree with 28aa I'm sure people would do that to save a whole $2.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
That is just crazy. Do you have a friend locally that you could sell through? Also, you could sell here, BO and other sites in the mean time. Hope it works out for you.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
That is just crazy. Do you have a friend locally that you could sell through? Also, you could sell here, BO and other sites in the mean time. Hope it works out for you.

I do, fortunately. I may have him list the expensive stuff, but I certainly can't have him list the 400+ cheaper stuff. This just sucks. It really sucks.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Goes off the IP address I'm guessing WaxPax.

I'd be escalating this to the highest person you can possible contact IMMEDIATELY!

I found this thread linked over at Blowout. Why are all of their members such bullies? Do you see how they are trying to drag your name through the mud now because you won't give those idiots your former ebay id? I personally watched WilsonValdez then known as "dxchampion" from the aol chatroom RUIN multiple peoples ebay selling accounts back around 2001. It was a game to these kids to mess with each others auctions. After seeing that go down, I never trusted my ebay name with ANYONE!

A_Pharis

I found this thread linked over at Blowout. Why are all of their members such bullies? Do you see how they are trying to drag your name through the mud now because you won't give those idiots your former ebay id? I personally watched WilsonValdez then known as "dxchampion" from the aol chatroom RUIN multiple peoples ebay selling accounts back around 2001. It was a game to these kids to mess with each others auctions. After seeing that go down, I never trusted my ebay name with ANYONE!

If they want to send clicks this way - that's their prerogative.

A_Pharis

I'm just getting to the recent posts in that thread. After pages of people jumping his ass with accusations and hinting about him being a scammer - now other sellers are popping up with the same issue.
Big ol' plate full of crow.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
Another outlet for selling that's picking up steam is on the Facebook auction pages. There's different ones for vintage, new cards, cheap cards... Lots of members on each page but you'll need to read the page rules on each cause sometimes they're different. You may not get as much as on Ebay for some things but you can also do a lot of quick, easy sales to bring in extra money.

Members online