Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC error question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I just picked this up off of comc. It is the sample, but it was listed with the regular cards, and priced less than the regular. There were samples also listed separately on their own, but much higher.

now, when an error like this is made, where the card is listed incorrectly, who made the mistake? The seller? comc?

just wondering...

1996 Pinnacle Aficionado [???] #5 - Jeff Bagwell
Purchased for $1.24
Courtesy of COMC.com

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Both, COMC initially categorized the card and the seller never changed it...or perhaps they requested the change and it hadn't gone through yet?

WaxPax

I have a similar issue with a card I recently sent to them. I think the problem coincides with their database conversion. I have a UD originals Vlad "Promo" card that was lumped together with all the other base cards. I caught the error when I had to price the card for sale, and noticed their recommended pricing from previous sales came up. They used have a more detailed level of distinction for samples, promo's and other variations, but unless someone had or has the same card, their new database doesn't seem to recognize it separately. I had to "report" the error and as of a few days ago, it still wasn't listed as a promo variation...So in short COMC's listing error, seller didn't catch their mistake, and probably followed COMC's recommended pricing, the base card pricing most likely.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
In situations like these I don't feel too terribly bad for the seller because if they were actually paying attention they would realize they didn't send the version that COMC says it is. It's not something I've specifically looked for but I've gotten a few deals this way...McGwire 1997 Topps Chrome Season's Best Refractor listed as a regular Topps Season's Best card, Miguel Tejada 2001 Elite Chicago Sun-Times /5 listed as a base card, and a common 2004 Bowman's Best Green Autograph (50 made) listed as the normal auto.

Members online

Latest posts