Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps has pushed me over the edge with this nonsense. I am done with MLB cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I just read about a fellow collector pulling a Bryce Harper Auto redemption that had been expired less than a week. Topps told him that there was nothing they could do for him.

As of right now I have quit collecting/buying/selling MLB cards. No more group breaks, no more cases/boxes, no more singles. I am done with this side of the hobby until another company can produce MLB cards. I have a nice collection of Freddie Freeman and and Craig Kimbrel certified autos(most of them from 2011 when I got back into sports cards after a 5 year hiatus) that I will cherish forever, but I am DONE with the Topps Company forever until the day I die!

I will continue to pick up NBA singles (Panini and U.D only) and add to that side of my collection, but I will most likely be done on this side of the forums too. Good luck to you all and I bid you a fond farewell!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I guess I understand being pissed, but a redemption card isn't like a gallon of milk...you can't just give it the smell check to make sure it's still usable even after the date. When it expires, it expires.

A_Pharis

I have to agree. It sucks that it was only a week expired... but expired means expired.
It's kind of like people I see give this excuse for being busted speeding: "I thought we could go like 8 over!"

No - it's a speed LIMIT. That said, even if they have them still in the stock room, and expired redemption doesn't have to be honored. It'll most likely be sent out as a replacement for something else.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I still wish someone would sue the heck out of the card companies. If the outside of the box promises so many autos or whatever they should be in the box. Redemption's shouldn't count. I remember ripping a 2008 Topps Chrome box and pulling an expired redemption for an auto of a decent player. I was pissed. I have been considering boycotting modern cards all together since I dislike Panini as well.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
I pulled an expired Nolan Ryan Autograph Baseball redemption from 1998 Pinnacle Plus a few months ago. I'm done too!

I'd hang on to any recent expired redemption. Hell might freeze over and Topps will follow Panini in honoring them or atleast offering a replacement.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This case is why a lot of older wax is stuff I"m not buying. I think it would be fun to bust older triple threads or tier one products but I've held off because the cost of the boxes are rather pricey to me considering that I think my odds are good I may pull an expired redemption so I'm waiting for hopefully the market to go to rock bottom on those so a redemption pull won't be crushing.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Sorry to hear

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
An expiration date is exactly what it says. Its expired time to move on. It sucks but I dont see how you can complain about that.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
It expired, that means that it's now worthless. Topps puts those redemptions in for a reason. Does it suck? Yes. But you have to know that when buying a product, if the redemptions are expired there's nothing that can, or even should be done.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
don't piss off your customers is why they should do it and it's only DAYS expired.

This isn't 1989 when customers are a dime a dozen buying .45 packs and complaining about a wax stained Matt Nokes card.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

To be fair their customers are mostly spoiled...

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Kinda hard to believe some of the responses here. No wonder the card companies keep screwing the customer so. Just keep smiling and taking it guys. I know I wont be ripping anymore new Topps or Panini products. Take a stand and vote with your wallet people. Keep letting them give you redemption's or "event worn" jersey/patch cards.

I certainly don't mean to be a stick in the mud here. Why would you continue to buy products from companies with such horrible service. The boxes lots of times state how many autos or whatever you should get. They don't mention redemption's except for maybe in the fine print. That"s whats wrong with a lot of companies today. They hide behind to much fine print and legal mumbo jumbo. I for one wont be supporting them any longer.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I have not purchased that much unopened stuff in the last few years. Maybe a box or two here and there and if I get a redemption I send in immediately. My question is what about all those boxes from the last 5 or so years? Knowing that there is a chance of pulling an expired redemption auto who is going to buy it? I do not remember when the whole redemption thing kicked into full gear, but could the Longo Super never be seen since many people will not buy old wax anymore? And all these stores/dealers I mean aren't they stupid for not putting these boxes on major sale towards the end of the season when the redemptions are still good? Otherwise they may be eating the cost forever.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts