Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just another idiot Ebay seller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Won an auction from him and paid 5 minutes after auctions end. Next morning he sends me a message that says "75". I send him a message back asking why he sent me that, and that I didn't really understand, because I had won the item and paid for it already. This morning I get another email- "I am not sending your card - 25 bucks is a joke" I'm so tired of this.....

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Won an auction from him and paid 5 minutes after auctions end. Next morning he sends me a message that says "75". I send him a message back asking why he sent me that, and that I didn't really understand, because I had won the item and paid for it already. This morning I get another email- "I am not sending your card - 25 bucks is a joke" I'm so tired of this.....

Classic. Who is this *******? Runs an auction, then tries to get you to pay a desired result. Rickey does not like this.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Report him to eBay and include the Email.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I must be lucky. In 17 years on ebay, I have never had anything like that happen. I have had one or 2 cards not be dlrvd. All my problems are with idiot buyers.

Report him quickly. I wouldn't mind being able to block him.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Report him to eBay and include the Email.

I do not see a way to do this. Options I see are opening a case, which I can't do here because he hasn't tried to cancel the transaction. How would I be able to contact them and forward the email? By phone?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I put up a fixed price auction of Heritage High Number Auto Stroman for $1.35 (by mistake) and had a qty of 2 in there..
Someone bought just one of them (He could have bought both) and I didnt even worry about it. It was my mistake and didnt want the hassle of contacting buyer, or cancelling trasaction, so I just sent the card.

If you put a card up for "auction" for $1.00, be prepared to sell that card for $1.00 if only 1 person wants it!

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I called Ebay, and all they did was open a case. They saw his email and it wasn't a concern to them. The whole "it's a binding contract" is some BS.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I called Ebay, and all they did was open a case. They saw his email and it wasn't a concern to them. The whole "it's a binding contract" is some BS.

True. But they will encourage the seller to work with you on this. Not that will really win you points, hopefully just gives you the stuff you won and at the price it was won at.
But It may not be worth the hassle in the long run to banter with this idiot. Hope it works out for you

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I think this is a case where you should put the eBay user ID on blast. I would personally love to add him to my block list - I don't want to do any kind of business with someone like this buying or selling. I've actually never even heard of this happen but that's absolutely ridiculous.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
They have no power over the seller. There are no ebay police who will go to his house and forcibly put the card in the mail. They still get their fees, so they don't care if you don't get the card.

I did have a guy once who didn't put a reserve on his auction, but in the description said he was looking for about $3,000 for it (it was the SP'd version of the 1999 UD POH Ruth bat card). I "won" the auction for a few hundred, as I recall. This was before Paypal and all that, so when I asked him to send me his info so I could send him a check, he told me to "come back when I had some money." I explained to him how reserves work, how bidding increments work, and what a jerk he was being. He apologized for not knowing any of that. Still didn't get my card, though.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
My buddy just won a Frank Thomas 1999 topps (forgot the insert set) refractor /100. Listed as BIN $40 and paid immediatly. Next morning got a refund saying the card was lost! Yeaaa ok

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
My buddy just won a Frank Thomas 1999 topps (forgot the insert set) refractor /100. Listed as BIN $40 and paid immediatly. Next morning got a refund saying the card was lost! Yeaaa ok

I mean that's more common, I've hit a BIN and 10 days later the guy doesn't provide a tracking number and says the item must be lost in shipment and I can't find the tracking number but let me give you a full refund. Total BS, but a after winning a $25 auction and the guy says $75 or no deal, in the tone that he said it in, is really ridiculous.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Ebay user ID con.sea

He has responded 3 times in the open case, 10 words max per time. He is obviously pissed the card didn't reach his mental selling point, and refuses to ship it to me. Ebay won't force him to do anything, I'll end up with a refund after a drawn out process and he'll end up with a Neg feedback, and me without a nice card.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
a case and negative feedback were both appropriate and as long as others who have issues with the seller also follow suit it won't take many to get him banned....that said your feedback won't help you at all in any case since you resorted to name-calling which only makes YOU look bad......remember when dealing with e-bay or pay pa and you want to win your claims as both a buyer AND seller , the best thing you can do is stay calm and take the high road....simply post FACTS and save any messages exchanged between you and the other party....

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I called him a *****. He acted like one, and I commented as such. The case was closed and refund processed prior to my feedback being left. I was aggravated to say the least, so maybe my emotion spilled into the feedback, but it's an honest interpretation of what happened.

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I see he just got his second negative for doing the exact same thing he did to me. SMH.

He is absolutely horrendous at listing cards and he won't be on eBay for more than another week at most I'm sure. He got probably 25% of what he could have got had he listed his stuff with at least some effort for the 9 items he sold.

What a jack***

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
He is absolutely horrendous at listing cards and he won't be on eBay for more than another week at most I'm sure. He got probably 25% of what he could have got had he listed his stuff with at least some effort for the 9 items he sold.

What a jack***

Got to agree with you, he left a lot of money on the table. But then again, he didnt ship anything so....

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I called him a *****. He acted like one, and I commented as such. The case was closed and refund processed prior to my feedback being left. I was aggravated to say the least, so maybe my emotion spilled into the feedback, but it's an honest interpretation of what happened.

i saw exactly what you called him.....and i stand by my comments...the seller is/was a bad one , but your choice of words that is visible to the public make YOU look bad....you could have easily called him a poor seller who reneged on the deal without name-calling....while i agree he won't be long for ebay , the simple fact you did resort to name-calling in your feedback means (if he figures out how and chooses to) he will have very little problem getting your feedback removed.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts