Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mlb Winter Meetings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Some minor moves this morning.

Jason Hammel signs with Cubs -2yrs/18MM

Oakland trades Brandon Moss to Cleveland for Joey Wendle IF

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I get the feeling that they will make a serious run for Lester.......

You think Oakland is going to make a serious run at lester? It is believed he will sign within the next 48 hours and there are only 4 teams thought to still be in the bidding; Giants, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs. So no the A's are not making a run at Lester.

• Lester’s camp is waiting to see if a club will up its offer to the $150MM level and/or include a seventh year, whether guaranteed or through a vesting option, per a report from Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com. The bidding is believed to be sitting around $140MM over six years at present, McAdam adds.
  • Lester is expected to choose a destination no earlier than tonight and no later than tomorrow, ESPN.com’s Buster Olney tweets.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
6:09pm: A front office person cautioned Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com (on Twitter) not to count the Yankees out of the Lester sweepstakes. Crasnick also spoke with a scout who is hearing the same thing.

Per mlbtraderumors. That sure is interesting. I'd still put their shot at less than 1 percent. I would expect it to be the Cubs or Giants and apparently per mlbtraderumors its down to those two.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
6:09pm: A front office person cautioned Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com (on Twitter) not to count the Yankees out of the Lester sweepstakes. Crasnick also spoke with a scout who is hearing the same thing.

Per mlbtraderumors. That sure is interesting. I'd still put their shot at less than 1 percent. I would expect it to be the Cubs or Giants and apparently per mlbtraderumors its down to those two.

I would love to see the Yankees sign him, as it is always fun to see the Red Sox fan's heads explode. I agree with you though, he is not likely to sign with the Yankees as he has stated before.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Word is that the Shark might be on the move to the WhiteSox. He's been on the verge of being traded for a while now. This time it might actually happen.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Word is that the Shark might be on the move to the WhiteSox. He's been on the verge of being traded for a while now. This time it might actually happen.

Why in the world would the White Sox do that? They are a good distance away from even being a .500 team, much less in the playoff mix. Why sign a pitcher coming off a career year? You would be paying for at least a couple of premium years without having a realistic chance to make much movement in the division. He will be a solid addition for a team but not the right fit for the White Sox at the moment.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
I would love to see the Yankees sign him, as it is always fun to see the Red Sox fan's heads explode. I agree with you though, he is not likely to sign with the Yankees as he has stated before.
Yeah no chance. They seem to like Scherzer a lot more but PLEASE YANKEES NO MORE BIG CONTRACTS. We need to let the group of Tex and Sabathia and ARod reset so we no longer have these big huge deals. The one tanaka was smart as he's only 25. But the deals that are usually given....Blah. They already should be okay. But sign a couple more mid rotation guys and robertson and we should be okay. Lineup of Gardner, Ells, Prado, McCann, Beltran, Tex, ARod, Refsnyder, and Gregorious should be potent enough to score runs so that a rotation of Tanaka, Pineda, Sabathia (BLEH), and two other signees can pitch well enough to get to a bullpen of Betances, Miller, and Robertson.

Knowing the Yankees they'll throw 200 million at Scherzer though.
Yeah For Marcus Seimen and lower end prospects. Well that's an awful deal for the A's. Gave up Addison Russell, Mckinney and more for a couple sox prospects who aren't good. Wtf are they thinking.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
They would have a pretty decent rotation with Samardzija. Sounds like Semien and a few prospects are the likely return. At worst the Sox would get a draft pick at the end of the year if he turns down QO.

I guess the A's are trying to restock the system. It's not a good sign when the 3 prospects they picked up from the Jays slide into their Top 10 list.

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
They would have a pretty decent rotation with Samardzija. Sounds like Semien and a few prospects are the likely return. At worst the Sox would get a draft pick at the end of the year if he turns down QO.

I guess the A's are trying to restock the system. It's not a good sign when the 3 prospects they picked up from the Jays slide into their Top 10 list.

Gross deal for the A's unless those prospects are top end, which from the White Sox I doubt it. Shark should garner a better return than that. The only way it makes any sense for the White Sox is if they only give up garbage because they likely would not be able to sign him after 2015 and even then why have him for that season? White Sox need bats and the A's need a better return than what the White Sox have to offer.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Why in the world would the White Sox do that? They are a good distance away from even being a .500 team, much less in the playoff mix. Why sign a pitcher coming off a career year? You would be paying for at least a couple of premium years without having a realistic chance to make much movement in the division. He will be a solid addition for a team but not the right fit for the White Sox at the moment.

Gross deal for the A's unless those prospects are top end, which from the White Sox I doubt it. Shark should garner a better return than that. The only way it makes any sense for the White Sox is if they only give up garbage because they likely would not be able to sign him after 2015 and even then why have him for that season? White Sox need bats and the A's need a better return than what the White Sox have to offer.

Likely to be completed within 24 hours. Its Seimen and mid range prospects. AWFUL deal for the A's. White Sox are going to contend for the Central next year after signing Robertson. Very good rotation.

Members online

Latest posts