Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

White Sox get Robertson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
1st round compensation pick? White Sox pick is protected so they lose their 2nd rounder.

Honestly, I'm fine with it. I like Betances as the fireman in the 7th/8th, but if they go with the hot hand type set up between Miller and Betances then so be it. And I bet Lindgren gets on the opening day roster now.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Robertson rejected the Yankees’ qualifying offer, so New York will get an extra pick at the end of the first round of next year’s draft as compensation. The White Sox’ top pick, No. 8 overall, is protected, but they’ll sacrifice their second-round pick, No. 45 overall, once the Robertson signing becomes official.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
If I found a job making more money than my current employer is offering me and I accepted that job, I wouldn't consider myself being greedy.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Yanks should have kept their homegrown guy they essentially gave a similar contract to miller
keeping drob would have almost guarenteed a victory if they had a lead after six

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
If I found a job making more money than my current employer is offering me and I accepted that job, I wouldn't consider myself being greedy.

I agree with you, but I'm sure in his mind he felt his performance was worthy of a salary of HIS liking

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Yanks should have kept their homegrown guy they essentially gave a similar contract to miller
keeping drob would have almost guarenteed a victory if they had a lead after six

I'm a little confused as well unless they value the draft pick so much?

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I have to think they like the next wave coming through the minors. Miller is a dominant lefty so they switch DRob for him then start bringing up the cheaper new guys.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I think last year wasn't a great year for him. although a solid year, if you look at his last four years maybe they figure he is in decline.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I have to think they like the next wave coming through the minors. Miller is a dominant lefty so they switch DRob for him then start bringing up the cheaper new guys.

Add Lindgren to Betances and Miller. And a third lefty in Justin Wilson.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Second round pick for a proven dominant closer at the going rate for stud closer. I say they should have kept him especially being a homegrown guy
the yanks almost always paid there homegrown guys well enough to stay

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Second round pick for a proven dominant closer at the going rate for stud closer. I say they should have kept him especially being a homegrown guy
the yanks almost always paid there homegrown guys well enough to stay

I would hardly say one season as a closer is proven but okay.

Members online

Latest posts