Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are 5 Day Auctions a waste?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I want to do another 5 day auction(Tues. - Sunday night) but feel like you lose some potential bidders without going 7 days (Sun-Sun). Any opinions?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
with the exception of 1-day listings , it's more about ending time than duration....

i personally PREFER saturday or sunday evenings myself so if i'm listing in the auction format (instead of my true preference of a 30-day fixed price listing) , i try to create 7-day listings on saturday or sunday , 5-day listings on monday or tuesday , or 3-day listings on wednesday or thursday .....

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Does it matter much anymore with snipe programs so prevalent? As long as it gets seen, who cares when it ends?

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Depends on what the cards are. If it's stuff geared towards prospectors or something where there are plenty of the same thing up on ebay, duration isn't going to matter a whole lot. If it's stuff that might interest a player or team collector, I'd never run it less than 7 days. As a team collector I run searches on dozens of guys every week, so I usually only search each guy once a week...for example, I search Barry Zito auctions once a week, usually Tuesday or Wednesday. If you run a 5-day auction starting Wednesday evening or Thursday you are guaranteed I won't bid on it, and am one of the few people likely to bid on rare Barry Zito cards so you really want me seeing that auction.

Another case in point with real dollar consequences attached...I used to just search for Trent Dilfer stuff once a week because no new cards had come out in years and it was really rare to find something I needed (as in just a few items a year). Well Panini started putting autographed cards of him in sets this year and I didn't know about it yet, and the first one to pop up on ebay was a 5-day auction for an auto/5. I never saw it and it ended at $13. If they had done a 7-day auction and I had seen it, I guarantee it would have sold for over $50.

You really need to run stuff like that for 7 days, or you're leaving money on the table.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Also if you get free listings days, they only work with 5,7 and 10 day auctions or Fixed priced auctions 5,7,10 or 30. No more free listings for 1 or 3 days other than the free monthly listings you get

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Also if you get free listings days, they only work with 5,7 and 10 day auctions or Fixed priced auctions 5,7,10 or 30. No more free listings for 1 or 3 days other than the free monthly listings you get

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

actually that's not true....

i'll grant you , it has been a while (perhaps as far back as july) that 1-day listings were eligible , but my current free special is for 1000 auctions per day from the 6th through the 15th and is for 3 , 5 , and 7 day listings.....in fact , my last 3-4 auction specials ALL included 3 , 5 , and 7 day listings and i think the last two (before the current one) also included 10-day listings as well....

Members online