Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Non Paying bidders on the rise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I've had more non paying bidders in the last month than I have in the last sixteen years on ebay. So frustrated!

dacw333 Is this Dave and Adams Card World?

movus-6sop8ixxz - stiffed me on a $32 Molitor Nicknames autograph. Already has a recent NPB complaint but as sellers we can only leave "positive" jack hole did not pay feedback :-(

montaricka - This ******** has more "positive" did not pay feedback than true positive feedback.

larsonsupplies - Stiffed me on two MadBum auctions for about $50. Had almost exclusively "positive" non paying bidder feedback before ebay finally suspended the account. Something like 50 non paying bidder complaints before he got suspended!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I have had my share. I believe there is a setting to block bidders with at least two npb strikes within the last year. You may wanna look into adjusting your settings. It might help a fraction, but it could be better than nothing.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
guess i've been fortunate in this regard as i've had just 2 this year.....i think that ups my total on ebay to something like 10 or at most 12 since 2003 along with maybe 7-8 more on yahoo from 1999-2003....i also highly recommend the suggestion made by astroburn ......utilizing those requirements in tandem with your blocked bidder list can eliminate a lot of problem bidders before they hurt you.....

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I have a decent list of blocked bidders, both recent and from a while back. But mine are from selling clothes, not cards. If you want, I could PM you my list and you can add it to your own.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks ASB, I'll look for that setting! I did add these user id's to my blocked bidder list but at least two of them are serial NPBidders. I'm speculating that they win a card and try to flip it quickly. If they are unable to flip it, they don't pay for the auction they won.

Tom

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I don't sell much, probably less than 100 auctions a year, but I'd say 10% of them have to be re-listed due to non-payment.

And it's been that way since the genius move to remove Sellers leaving feedback which deserves the very rare Benson.:benson:

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I just make it so that if you have 2 NPB's in the last year that you cannot bid on my auctions. I think I get maybe 5% NPB's. I also noticed that football buyers are the best payers. I have gotten about 80% of the payments from my auctions that ended last night!

Members online

Latest posts