Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemtion Replacement Mail Day. ZERO REDEMPTIONS PENDING!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So with todays Topps Redemption Replacement Mail Day I have officially ZERO Topps redemptions pending!
Over 20+ years in the making!!! There was a time I would have 25+ pending at once!!

So the replacement that clears the board is.....

I had Pending:
2014 Museum Josh Hamilton Auto Triple Relic
2014 Museum Jeff Bagwell Auto Dual Relic GOLD
2014 Museum Jeff Bagwell Auto Dual Relic
2013 Tier One David Ortiz Auto Copper Rose

Received:
2013 Tier One David Wright Autograph Jumbo Patch /10

Called Topps Customer Service and wanted to clear the last 4 redemptions. Not a fan of the Copper Rose autos as they are always streaky, the Hamilton being no big loss, and the Biggio's I would have liked to see but eh. Guy on the phone starts booking out the cards. He said "comparable" priced cards would be shipped. Told him I would prefer Mets cards especially Wright if he could note it. Again I get the old "cant guarantee anything" (I always ask and half the time it gets ignored, and the other half its a $5.00 scrub Met relic, but figured it was a shot). He then tells me if I wanted to replace all 4 cards for 1 card he might be able to do it. I said sure why not. He tells me ill call you back (figured that was the kiss off, never to be heard from again till 4 scrub cards show up at my door). To my surprise he calls on my cellphone later in the day and says he can do a Wright auto jumbo patch /10 for it. I said sure. A player I want, an auto, patch, and SP Absolutely!

So I'm not sure if it was an even trade or not, but IM happy!

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, there's a reason I never purchased any of those Bagwell redemptions. Yet he has other autos out currently...

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Rather have 1 great card of a team and player I'm a fan of than 4 good cards I don't care that much about. Congrats on the nice addition.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I think you definitely won on that! Awesome on card jumbo auto of Wright, and it is very refreshing to see a good thread about Topps. I'm hoping to post one myself soon, considering they replace one of those Frankenstein cards of David Wright /50 they decided to replace for the 2012 Museum Collection jumbo patch auto /10 of Hunter Pence.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Nice going! I've currently been waiting on a redemption from Topps for 4 months. Card is a dual AUTO of Craig Kimbrel and John Smoltz # /25. I would like to get that card since it would be for my PC but I'm getting sick of waiting. I haven't dealt with a lot of redemptions before so what do you think I should do? Wait longer to see if I get the card or ask for a replacement?

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
I've been waiting 2-3 years for some high end redemptions. So frustrating. Glad you got results from your trade in, tempted to do the same thing after the holidays...

Nice going! I've currently been waiting on a redemption from Topps for 4 months. Card is a dual AUTO of Craig Kimbrel and John Smoltz # /25. I would like to get that card since it would be for my PC but I'm getting sick of waiting. I haven't dealt with a lot of redemptions before so what do you think I should do? Wait longer to see if I get the card or ask for a replacement?

I would call them up and ask them about a high end Kimbrell card.
But I always gamble, this is the one time it worked out in my favor...

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
I would call them up and ask them about a high end Kimbrell card.
But I always gamble, this is the one time it worked out in my favor...

Ok thanks for the tip I will probably do that. I do think the dual AU # /25 of Kimbrel and Smoltz would be a really nice card, but if I could get another nice Kimbrel as a replacement it wouldn't be so bad.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
You win, EASILY, in the trade off ! A monster PC card for stuff that you, yourself, said you really have no use or care to have. Congrats !!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts