Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

USPS Delivers on Sunday now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Looking at MyEbay, I see a couple incoming cards have their tracking showing as "Delivered on Sun, Dec 14." I live in one of those developments where everyone's mail is delivered to a central location. Before I go traipsing down there, because I'm in super-comfy Sunday night mode but I really want the cards in hand, could this be possible, maybe due to Christmas? Or is my screw-up postal carrier just trying to pad her stats again or whatever makes her prematurely mark things as delivered before they actually are?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
We deliver Amazon and Priority/Express on Sundays now. Usually in bigger areas. The Amazon and Express will continue past Christmas. Priority usually doesn't, but it may since someone is already out delivering.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I've been delivered to three Sunday's in a row now. Amazon Prime orders must really have priority at the USPS. My brother has a city (walk route) and he doesnt have to deliver on Sunday, only mounted route drivers do Sunday package delivery.

Fordman

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I could not extricate myself from my cocoon of comfort last night, but I went to the box this morning before work, and voila, cards were there. Some good ones too. Completed a set I've been working on for 9 years. Scans coming tonight.

I can't believe they're talking about cutting of Saturday service. Mail is awesome.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Saturday delivery isn't going anywhere. One thing that would help is call your Senator or Representative and express your concern of losing it. Most people don't pay attention until it's voted on.

Yes, Amazon signed a big deal with us and Prime is guaranteed 2 day or we have to pay the shipping. Personally I think the agreement with them (Amazon) was a great idea.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Saturday delivery isn't going anywhere. One thing that would help is call your Senator or Representative and express your concern of losing it. Most people don't pay attention until it's voted on.

Yes, Amazon signed a big deal with us and Prime is guaranteed 2 day or we have to pay the shipping. Personally I think the agreement with them (Amazon) was a great idea.

Do you work for USPS?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
They delivered something to my house yesterday. Neither one of us was expecting me to answer the door in my boxers and a shirt. Heh

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Nothing for me. Or it got stolen :)

or just lazy mail carriers. Occasionally the tracking will show delivery but the item doesn't show up in my mailbox until the next delivery day. I have to think the mail carrier didn't want to bog down their route with more packages or just forgot to deliver it while at the curb and didn't want to drive back to my house to do so that same day.

I"m just glad the mail carrier isn't one to throw my mail in a dumpster.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Saturday delivery isn't going anywhere.

it should be discontinued. My saturday delivery is usually so light it seems like it's not worth the delivery.

At least gas prices should help out the USPS now.

as for Amazon Prime, I'm a member and don't get Sunday delivery. If I order stuff mid to late week from Amazon, it's Saturday by FedEx Home Delivery or wait until Tuesday for UPS delivery. No Sunday or Monday deliveries and I'm in a decent city of 750,000 pop.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
it should be discontinued. My saturday delivery is usually so light it seems like it's not worth the delivery.

At least gas prices should help out the USPS now.

as for Amazon Prime, I'm a member and don't get Sunday delivery. If I order stuff mid to late week from Amazon, it's Saturday by FedEx Home Delivery or wait until Tuesday for UPS delivery. No Sunday or Monday deliveries and I'm in a decent city of 750,000 pop.

It's all about volume going to the area where you live. If they just have your item and not 10 other customers, they're not delivering to you until volume to that area increases.

Amazon Prime guarantees 2 day delivery, so their contract with the carriers should get you your items within 2 days. Amazon also will tell you that the order was processed and shipped within Prime guarantees, so they'll pass the buck to the actual carrier.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Amazon Prime guarantees 2 day delivery, so their contract with the carriers should get you your items within 2 days.

that's not how it works. I can order something Friday and it won't come Sunday (or even monday). It arrives on Tuesday (3 days later). I only get 2 day service if I order early enough on Monday - Thursday for Amazon to ship it that same day.

The 2 day thing is obviously based on the carrier service schedules (FedEX or UPS for me since USPS doesn't do Amazon Prime deliveries in my area). If USPS gets in the mix, it would become true 2 day service to me no matter what day I order.

Members online

Latest posts