Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Deck really screwed up this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
I am not going to do it because I'm not a dick, but it looks pretty easy to read if you mess with it a little.

Any reason you were searching for a wooly mammoth femur? Haha JW.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
Wow nice catch, that does suck.
I can faintly make out most of the letter/number combo, so with time would be pretty easy to get a Woolley Mamotth (SP) Femur. (Unless it has been redeemed which would not surprise me.)

Buyer is going to receive it, then try to redeem, and find out it has already been redeemed. Then he is going to file complaint saying seller sold him a card that he already redeemed (which may or may not be true.) THEN seller is going to say "I didn't redeem it you are just trying to scam me." and then there's going to be a big problem. Wouldn't want to deal with that one.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
This happened back in 2001 and 2002. Most of the early Tiger Woods reemptions were on cards where
you could see through them and read the code without scratching it. UD is really in free fall.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Even playing with it you still can't make it out. Hopefully its just his scanner.

redemption-1.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
AKA Coastal said:
Even playing with it you still can't make it out. Hopefully its just his scanner.

redemption-1.jpg

looks clear to me other then the O's and G's are a little hard to tell. This is what i got from that.

AVOGNGEZY

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
moxacaine said:
AKA Coastal said:

redemption-1.jpg

looks clear to me other then the O's and G's are a little hard to tell. This is what i got from that.

AVOGNGEZY

Agreed, not to mention you could blow it up. This is going to be a major chaos...

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada
All of the redemptions I have seen from Champ's are like that. I have one sitting on my desk that I can read quite easily through the paint. Most people are scanning just the top parts of the redemption cards now, but yeah - some people are likely going to get hosed.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Whats UD's legislation system on these? Do they even cared if some Joe steals the code and doesnt own the card?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
According to the question posted in the auction, it looks like the seller redeemed it already and will ship the actual card to the winner once he gets it.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I can't believe they made that product & couldn't put a piece of bone in there for packout. I wonder if they are out in New Mexico digging up fossils...

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada
Warren's All Stars said:
I can't believe they made that product & couldn't put a piece of bone in there for packout. I wonder if they are out in New Mexico digging up fossils...

One explanation I heard was that they were worried they would get crushed. I'm not sure if that's true (it seems like a lot of attention to detail by a company that has major QC issues), but it seems like a likely explanation.

Members online

Latest posts