Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Twins agree to a 3 year, $42 million extenion with Phil Hughes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Love the deal. At least they've got their 'top' 3 pitchers for the next few years. Hopefully Kyle Gibson can continue and step up to make it a solid, not spectacular, top 4.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
As a Twins fan I like this deal. If he can keep up what he did last season then we definitely got a good deal. Hopefully Nolasco can turn things around this year and be possible trade bait down the line. By September I would love to see a rotation of Hughes, Santana, Gibson, Meyer, Berrios.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
While I realize he's not the same pitcher he was while with the Yanks, I still can't help but feel that it's a lot of money for him.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Hughes should continue to be a solid 3-4 starter. Yankee stadium is a tough place to pitch and he and joba had huge pressure put on them to be saviors and it seams to have been to much for both.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
While I realize he's not the same pitcher he was while with the Yanks, I still can't help but feel that it's a lot of money for him.

These pitching moves haven't seemed to work out very well for the Twins recently.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
If you look at what other middle tier pitchers are being paid, then this deal isn't so bad. The Giants are paying Jake Peavy similar money.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
If you look at what other middle tier pitchers are being paid, then this deal isn't so bad. The Giants are paying Jake Peavy similar money.

Agreed. I think people forget he is just going to be in his 29 year old season next year, it seems he has been around for a while. Last season was his first over 200 innings. While last season is not a fair sample going forward, if he can put in that amount of work he will be a solid value going forward.

Members online

Latest posts