Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

KNOCK KNOCK TOPPS, anyone there???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
2014 bowman sterliing

conforto first auto = redemption
alex jackson auto = redemption
papi auto = redemption
davidson auto = redemption
chavis auto = redemption
severino auto = sticker

Gotta love it.

Do they not listen, not care, or both??

The cards don't look bad and at least Abreu looks to be on card.

Last edited:

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
I guess I should address this with:

Did they not listen to what?

Did they not care about what?

Sterling has been a low end product pushed as a high end product since at least 2010. Sure, the redemptions are mostly new, but ????

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
2014 bowman sterliing

conforto first auto = redemption
alex jackson auto = redemption
papi auto = redemption
davidson auto = redemption
chavis auto = redemption
severino auto = sticker

Gotta love it.

Do they not listen, not care, or both??

The cards don't look bad and at least Abreu looks to be on card.

Was this your box? Is that what you are saying?

I guess I should address this with:

Did they not listen to what?

Did they not care about what?

Sterling has been a low end product pushed as a high end product since at least 2010. Sure, the redemptions are mostly new, but ????
Yeah who in their right mind buys sterling? Hitting anything even the good cards usually sell for dirt. I still can't believe anyone buys it and platinum.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The stickers look awful. And I'm not an overly rah rah on-card or death kinda guy. But man are they an ugly slap on job

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
The stickers look awful. And I'm not an overly rah rah on-card or death kinda guy. But man are they an ugly slap on job

Yes, like with Supreme at least the gold foil hides the sticker very well & you feel like an attempt has been made to camouflage it as best as possible. Then other products look like they made a card & said hey, why don't wont we put a sticker auto on it, like an afterthought.

Tolerable sticker auto:
View attachment 44278

"Pass" sticker auto:
View attachment 44279

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
How about you ask the BETTER question? Release date for this product is a WEEK from today. YES, A WEEK! Get a damn clue Topps, why are you shipping it out 8-10 days early? Just straight up screwing those of us that play by the rules....

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011

No, it wasn't my box, sorry for the confusion. I was just looking at the first bunch of autos to hit ebay. I don't collect sterling and I don't buy much of it. I bought in 2009, a little in 2011, and I bought 3-4 boxes in 2013, all of which made money and left me with a few auto's.

I was hoping this year, with a decent rookie and prospect class, they would get it right and it might be worth opening a few again. I had a few lined up at a nice price, if it looked good. I'm sure some will still do ok, I was just let down, that most of the best auto are redemption and a top auto, severino, is a sticker and the sticker they used looks horrible.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
It's sad that you could hit a hot box and get a severino sticker, a conforto blue auto redemption, and an alex jackson gold auto redemption.

Even though that would probably pay for close to the whole box, you'd be waiting months/years for the autos., which lose value in the present for being a redemption and will lose value again, when the chrome autos come out.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

No, it wasn't my box, sorry for the confusion. I was just looking at the first bunch of autos to hit ebay. I don't collect sterling and I don't buy much of it. I bought in 2009, a little in 2011, and I bought 3-4 boxes in 2013, all of which made money and left me with a few auto's.

I was hoping this year, with a decent rookie and prospect class, they would get it right and it might be worth opening a few again. I had a few lined up at a nice price, if it looked good. I'm sure some will still do ok, I was just let down, that most of the best auto are redemption and a top auto, severino, is a sticker and the sticker they used looks horrible.

Can't believe you made money in 2013. You must've been one of the few. Sterling is the worst product topps puts out IMO. People need to stop buying it so that Topps will stop making it.

It is pure junk.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Again, Its the dealers and distributors..But not entirely their (my) fault.
They are the ones that have to not order it, But when you get a sell sheet with minimal info and have to order it 6 months in advance and then they change the release date 2 weeks before original release date, it makes it hard to find out what the finished product will look like.. and its paid for before you even know whats in the product..
Hell, there is still not a checklist available for this product yet...

Everyone was complaining early about Topps tek, being a high end product and no one will buy it, bla bla bla, and some of you guys say its the product of the year!

Too bad they didnt have to make a product ready for delivery and then try to sell it, Like the resellers have to do...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I've never been a big fan of Sterling at all.

Does this years Version have a Box-topper, and is it an exclusive set? That used to help.

I think they were all "black" versions /25 and did very well, at least at Release...

Latest posts