Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big thank you to Mojodan and All in cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I would like to preface this story by saying i showed off my Tek cards from my group break to my wife a few weeks ago telling her how nice they were and i was considering buying a case.

onto the story

I received two boxes of Topps Tek for Christmas from my wife and after i opened them she told me that i better appreciate them because it was a pain in the ass to get them. I asked her why? Since she could have just went online to order them.

She informs me that she had no clue what the cards were that i had shown her. Her solution was to reach out to [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] and describe the cards to him and he so graciously helps her identify what she was looking for. He also suggests that she reach out to [MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION] to purchase them. She contacts Andrew i assume through FB since i know his wife and mine are friends on there and he kindly helps my wife purchase two boxes of Tek for me. And knowing Andrew im sure he gave her a fair deal.

I wanted to thank both Dan and Andrew for helping out my wife. She got such a huge kick out of going behind my back and coordinating with you guys on a gift for me. She has minimal knowledge on this whole thing and is always hesitant to buy me cards. So i was very pleasantly surprised when i unwrapped each of the gifts to find some Tek.

Oh and she wrapped one of the boxes in a much much larger box so i had no clue what it was. lol

Thanks again guys, this is one of the biggest reasons why i love this place and consider it a big family.

Oh and if you're interested, here is my break. i know its not in the box break section. lol but it was more about the story than the break.

tek1_zpse295100e.jpg

Vizquel /99 and Posey /75
tek2_zpsb9be7020.jpg

Two autos, disappointed they were the same guy. One is /25 though
tek3_zpsc93e46dd.jpg

And in one of the boxes i hit an extra auto!!!

tek4_zps5567607b.jpg

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Good stuff and I had my good friends at CCC ship them so you would have no clue where they came from.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
It was no problem AT ALL Ken. I guessed correctly on my first try and after that all that was left was trying to get her a good price.

What better way is there than than to ask Andrew and help him sell his boxes at the same time? I figured he was our best chance at getting them to you in time for Christmas Day.

It was fun to help out and I have to say, I think she really enjoyed the process of surprising you.

Again, Happy Holidays to you, Andrew, and both of your families.

Last edited:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Three outstanding members and an outstanding 4th person (Ken's wife) to get the wheels in motion ! :p

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow I bet you screeched like a school girl when you opened them.:p

Holly did great for sure. Thanks for sharing. And great to see Dan and Andrew make this happen too.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'm pretty sure either Dan or Andrew is the actual Santa Claus :) why a great gesture by both and it sounds like you had a very merry Christmas Ken! What a great hit on the Pudge buyback auto!

Members online

Latest posts