Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So unfortunately....THIS happened today.....(sad face)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ortiz34

Nov 18, 2013
10885489_816049918451260_6207543142786435907_n.jpg

Still haven't called Topps yet, but I'm 99% sure they wont get me this card or a replacement.....and I am BUMMED! Does anyone have one of these cards they would be willing to let go? I would really love to have one. It's looking like a PSA 10 auto of this exact card was sold for $45 This is the card I need though...

$_12.JPG

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Pretty sure they use expired redemptions as replacements. I have not heard of them honoring any of these before.

Ortiz34

Nov 18, 2013
Ill try. I'm just feeling down about it. This would be my first HOF auto pull....and it is looking like it just isn't going to happen.

Ortiz34

Nov 18, 2013
Do you guys think there is even the slightest chance they will give me something??

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
No. They don't seem to honor redemptions that expired 4 months ago let alone one that expired over 4 years ago. Asking is free though so you might as well! Good luck!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
They absolutely won't honor this, but I'm not sure why everyone is s***ing on Topps for this. It's a marketing tactic to get people to bust their products when they go-live; more revenue for Topps. Companies try to maximize revenue we need to live with that fact and move on lol.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
They absolutely won't honor this, but I'm not sure why everyone is s***ing on Topps for this. It's a marketing tactic to get people to bust their products when they go-live; more revenue for Topps. Companies try to maximize revenue we need to live with that fact and move on lol.

On the flip side, when a product guarantees a hit and you get an expired redemption they have failed to provide you with that hit. And they will also say the product is too old to give you anything for the lack of a hit.

Panini does it right. I love how Panini is doing business and wish they had a license.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
On the flip side, when a product guarantees a hit and you get an expired redemption they have failed to provide you with that hit. And they will also say the product is too old to give you anything for the lack of a hit.

Panini does it right. I love how Panini is doing business and wish they had a license.

This is actually very, very true; surprisingly I have never seen that argument made and haven't thought of it myself. I'm sure they have a disclaimer about that somewhere, but nonetheless as someone opening a product that guarantees several hits and one of them is an un-redeemable redemption I feel cheated.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Great point here. Never thought of it that way but you're right... they guarantee a hit and you don't get one in this example.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Oh, they'd get out of it. It's always that way. Who the hell ever goes after them about it? This is also the reason that if something I want is a redemption, and I see it live, I buy it immediately without blinking. Who knows how many actually got redeemed before the deadline? It also damn near makes busting older wax useless.

And this is also why, to this day, I have still not purchased or tried to redeem a single Bagwell redemption from topps. I've still not seen any of them go live. Not one. Yet they had the stickers for all these other products...

My biggest question is why MLB doesn't care. You'd figure some way some how, somebody would say something. I know all they care about is $$$ but it wouldn't take much effort to say something.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Oh, they'd get out of it. It's always that way. Who the hell ever goes after them about it? This is also the reason that if something I want is a redemption, and I see it live, I buy it immediately without blinking. Who knows how many actually got redeemed before the deadline? It also damn near makes busting older wax useless.

And this is also why, to this day, I have still not purchased or tried to redeem a single Bagwell redemption from topps. I've still not seen any of them go live. Not one. Yet they had the stickers for all these other products...

My biggest question is why MLB doesn't care. You'd figure some way some how, somebody would say something. I know all they care about is $$$ but it wouldn't take much effort to say something.

I think major league baseball cares about as much as Topps does about cards which is little to none. I never really bought topps back in the day, always upper deck and never had a redemption issue with them.

Members online

Latest posts