Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marlon byrd traded to the reds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyd2107

Oct 29, 2009
For RHP Ben Lively.

Any details on type of ceiling for Lively for Phillie fans to look forward to?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For RHP Ben Lively.

Any details on type of ceiling for Lively for Phillie fans to look forward to?

IMO, Amaro got a good one in him. Dominated the hostile CAL league last year, although he ran into some trouble at AA. Has solid stuff across the board, nothing overpowering, probably a #4-5 SP.

Reading will have a very impressive rotation this year, featuring Nola, Biddle, Eflin, Windle and now him.

I understand the Phils will be getting more than Lively in this trade, although the names have yet to be announced.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Great deal for Phils IMO.

And is it more a statement about Lively or the Reds' organization that we was their MiLBer of the Year?

IDK their system well at all, but I thought they had some Solid pitching in the minors...:-?

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Supposedlly, the Reds have got a lot of good young pitching. Hopefully it's a good pickup for the Phillies. At least we got younger. I think Byrd is a good fit for the Reds, being a right handed power hitter in that park. Byrd takes care of himself and has a good workout ethic, which might be why he has done better in his 30's than 20's. He's also good in the clubhouse and was a factor in Revere getting even better. Maybe Lively will have a lively fastball. This trade and the Padres Smith trade could get the Phillies/Padres trade talk going again for Hamels/ Myers. Go Phillies!

Members online

Latest posts