Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Padres Gwynn, Hoffman Henderson collectors Help! Trammell wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbrummer

Jul 14, 2010
I’m looking for an Alan Trammell from a Padres postcard set from 2000-2001. He was a coach at the time. I’m in Detroit and have much trouble finding some of these regional sets.
It is one of the last two cards I’m looking for. Finally found two of them this year.
I have included a picture. I think its 5 x 7
Will pay $40 for the card or $50 for the set. Please look through your collections.

Also looking for a 2004 Upper Deck Timeless Teams Bronze /50 “1987” (265)

Please help!

Thanks Mark

Trammell Padres.JPG

Attachments

• PD_0001.JPG
    PD_0001.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 28

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Those timeless bronze cards were/are a ***** to find. 50 copies? It makes me wonder if there were less. It took me 10 years to complete the 4 card Garvey bronze run, yet I had the gold run (#'d/5) done the year of issue! Some might say that the bronze cards aren't worth the time to list, but ebay is filled with more worthless crap than that and still those bronze cards are elusive!

mbrummer

Jul 14, 2010
Bronze Timeless

Those timeless bronze cards were/are a ***** to find. 50 copies? It makes me wonder if there were less. It took me 10 years to complete the 4 card Garvey bronze run, yet I had the gold run (#'d/5) done the year of issue! Some might say that the bronze cards aren't worth the time to list, but ebay is filled with more worthless crap than that and still those bronze cards are elusive!

Yes, I think I've come across your website once or twice. I try to do searches for Bronzes once in a while.

That thing is impossible. They never come up. I was collecting in 2004, it never came up on Ebay. There were two for Trammell and the other came up twice or 3 times. I do have that one

I've heard of two or three of them. One on another message board for trade, but I was too late.

But there's still hope. My hardest card, a 95 UD Electric Diamond Gold, came up 3 weeks ago . I think there were 4 or 5 serious Trammell collectors looking for it. They just weren't available. I've been looking for it honestly for 10 years. I even had want lists from 1995 with it listed. Truth be told I stepped away from collecting from 97-2003. I was buying cheap boxes and cracking them for hope.

I was lucky and or stupid enough to buy it

You may know more, but my theory is that there's lots of unopened boxes and like you said they look too much like the regular cards so aren't worth listing.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Good Luck with both. I had a fair number of Padre regional sets in the 80s and early 90s, but anything after that time frame, unless Garvey was included, I probably didn't take notice. Those can be tough to find, probably because they either were not made in decent quantity and/or people didn't bother to break up the sets. I was amazed at how elusive the MADD cards were. I guess they were given out at games, but I suppose that most people at games aren't into collecting and probably tossed the cards after they redeemed the free soda. I remember scrounging around for programs and ticket stubs after games ended when I was a kid, among the piles of junk food trash and spilled beer/soda people would leave behind. A lot of that stuff was bought, used during the game, then tossed under the seat for the janitorial crew to sweep up.

mbrummer

Jul 14, 2010
Just wanted to let you know. Another Trammell collector saw my post on a different board, had the UD Bronze card and was willing to trade for it. So I completed finally mostly by luck.

Still looking for the postcard above.
Thanks

Members online

Latest posts