Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manny Banuelos Traded to the Braves For David Carpenter/Chasen Shreve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Braves, Yankees Trade David Carpenter For Manny Banuelos
By Mark Polishuk [January 1, 2015 at 4:44pm CST]
The Yankees have acquired right-hander David Carpenter and left-hander Chasen Shreve from the Braves in exchange for righty Manny Banuelos, Jack Curry of the YES Network reports (Twitter link).

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
My thoughts are, the Yankees did the right thing moving on from him. His potential is enticing but his progress has been underwhelming. After missing most of 2012 and all of 2013, his velocity has been slow to recover and he has always had control issues. His out pitch is his change-up and with a decreased velocity batters can afford to sit on it or take it, leading to a lot of walks. Not sure why the Braves want to add another post TJ arm to their list but I think the Yankees are just relieved to get anything for him.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Pumped to see the Yankees get David Carpenter! He's a PC Player (played for the Vermont Mountaineers in 2005)!

Sign me up for a Jersey.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
quite the bullpen they've built now with a big number of guys ready in AAA too.

As a Yankee fan I'm pretty disappointed in Banuelos, but I do hope he finds it with the Braves. Always liked him and my rainbow is definitely hoping to be worth something.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

As a Yankee fan I'm pretty disappointed in Banuelos, but I do hope he finds it with the Braves. Always liked him and my rainbow is definitely hoping to be worth something.

May I see?

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

I love this deal. Banuelos is toast. He never got back to the place he was pre surgery and being able to get two very solid bullpen arms (Carpenter was good last year) was a great get for him. Not sure what the braves are doing.

I love this Yankees offseason. We are getting much younger and moving some of our surplus for solid guys. Added Carpenter, Shreve, and Justin Wilson for Banuelos and Cervelli (both surpluses and we control these guys for much longer as well). Moved Kelly for a promising prospect if he can get healthy (never trusted Kelly when he was pitching). Moved Phelps and Prado for Eovaldi and Jones plus the prospect (Forgot his name but has a bunch of potential, We finally have a back up 1B and we got younger and saved money). Got Gregorius for Shane (who was off the prospect map before this year).

We've got younger, better, and cheaper. Great offseason so far. Now please do not sign Scherzer.

Members online

Latest posts