Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Topps Chrome Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was happy to add 3 more Sizemore cards to my collection recently, from the 2014 Topps Chrome Update set. I hadn't known about this set, but from what I gather it appeared recently in special "megaboxes" where they have 7 Update packs and 2 Chrome Update packs for $14.99. I'm not Joe Target but I usually find myself in at least one big box store per week and I have yet to see these boxes live in the wild. The Chrome set is 55 cards, I believe. This is pretty unusual given the regular update set is 6 times larger and more readily available. Even tougher are the 2 (I think just 2) parallels, a gold #/250 and black #/99. Could be a real sleeper set. I have been going back and forth on trying to build one or both of the refractor sets, because that's what I like. But even for me this seems tough. The blacks are just trickling out, and the golds are not much easier. Anyone on this set?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I was happy to add 3 more Sizemore cards to my collection recently, from the 2014 Topps Chrome Update set. I hadn't known about this set, but from what I gather it appeared recently in special "megaboxes" where they have 7 Update packs and 2 Chrome Update packs for $14.99. I'm not Joe Target but I usually find myself in at least one big box store per week and I have yet to see these boxes live in the wild. The Chrome set is 55 cards, I believe. This is pretty unusual given the regular update set is 6 times larger and more readily available. Even tougher are the 2 (I think just 2) parallels, a gold #/250 and black #/99. Could be a real sleeper set. I have been going back and forth on trying to build one or both of the refractor sets, because that's what I like. But even for me this seems tough. The blacks are just trickling out, and the golds are not much easier. Anyone on this set?

Pretty cool stuff here, and guess what, I have the sizemore gold :) You need it?

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
The boxes last year were awesome - seemed to be a little more loaded. This year the boxes aren't as good - have seen quite a few in my area. I opened I think 8 of them and ended up with 1 black and 1 gold. No relic hits. Last year it seemed like every other box had a parallel and I hit 3 relics opening just slightly more than I did last year.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Does anyone know if the relics are hard to find? I bought a Stanton for a few bucks. There are less online than the Topps update jersey /50

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
The boxes last year were awesome - seemed to be a little more loaded. This year the boxes aren't as good - have seen quite a few in my area. I opened I think 8 of them and ended up with 1 black and 1 gold. No relic hits. Last year it seemed like every other box had a parallel and I hit 3 relics opening just slightly more than I did last year.

I've had the opposite experience - last year I got no relics - probably opened 30 boxes. This year I've opened 20 or so and have two relics and the same number of refractors as last year.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still trying to finish last years. I've seen them out there but would rather just buy a completed set really...

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I went through quite a few when Target had them 20% off with their Cartwheel App. Managed to pull two relics--Stanton and Miguel Cabrera, one Gold--Abreu rookie Debut, and a few refractors. Haven't looked at compiling the set, but I have singles if anyone else is.

Members online

Latest posts