Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees' prospect Ty Hensley hospitalized in 'brutal attack'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Sad and sick. At least there were no reports of damage to his arm.

According to Jon Heyman, the damage was to his face and jaw.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
http://newsok.com/new-york-yankees-...assault-attorney-says/article/5382809/?page=1

Hensley’s attorney Jacob Diesselhorst said the right-handed pitcher was knocked unconscious and beaten early Dec. 28 by Anthony Morales, a former linebacker and running back for the Bulldogs who starred at Weber State and was briefly on the Carolina Panthers’ roster in this season’s training camp.
The police report said the assailant was found by an unidentified female standing over Hensley kicking and hitting him while he was lying on the ground following an argument over sports and signing bonuses.
All names were redacted from the police report, but Diesselhorst confirmed Morales’ involvement to The Oklahoman.
“My understanding is the Village Police Department has recommended charges to the Oklahoma District Attorney’s Office and the charges are going to be filed,” Diesselhorst said. “I would anticipate that charges will be filed any day now and it’s my anticipation and understanding that he is going to be charged with aggravated assault and battery.”

Diesselhorst said he has not heard of any legal representation for Morales. He also added that he was told by detectives that Morales is not cooperating with the investigation.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Most likely two jocks getting into a fight with one getting the worst of it - I would assume alcohol would be involved.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Most likely two jocks getting into a fight with one getting the worst of it - I would assume alcohol would be involved.

definitely sounds like two drunken idiots. If so, hard to feel sorry for either one of them stupidly brawling each other.

and Ty's lawyer should have his law license suspended if Ty was drunk and he's called a "nicer, good-natured young man" in his typical lawyer BS release.

I'd imagine if they both were sober, they could have a nice debate without having to fight.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
definitely sounds like two drunken idiots. If so, hard to feel sorry for either one of them stupidly brawling each other.

and Ty's lawyer should have his law license suspended if Ty was drunk and he's called a "nicer, good-natured young man" in his typical lawyer BS release.

I'd imagine if they both were sober, they could have a nice debate without having to fight.

That is absurd. Drunk or sober you should be able to have, even a heated debate, without the expectation of having your face smashed in. This was not some fight, this was a brutal assault.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
That is absurd. Drunk or sober you should be able to have, even a heated debate, without the expectation of having your face smashed in. This was not some fight, this was a brutal assault.

yes, but nothing good happens from drinking, whether short term or long term.

certainly not surprised this happened if they both were ****-faced drunk at the time of the incident.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
If you ever interacted with Ty on twitter, he is actually a really nice kid. He just got back from Honduras with Andrew Heaney from a mission trip. Regardless if he had been "drinking" being a "dumb jock" no one deserves to get beaten by someone. Ty has always been a super guy with great character/make up.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008

+1
how could you try to justify such an attack? It's like blaming a woman for being *****. Some people's reasoning skills are scary.

Members online