Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any reason to be concerned buying an check that was not authenticated? (Ty Cobb)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
On Friday I pulled the trigger on this Ty Cobb signed check. I've kind of always felt pretty safe buying signed checks that were not authenticated, but this is the first one I've really bought.

Was wondering if there is any real reason for concern:

$_57.JPG

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I'm not a Cobb expert by any means but this looks really legit to me for several reasons- he lived in Nevada late in life, he used green marker often, the check looks legitimately cancelled through the bank, name matches perfectly. I bet you can find lots of similar examples, perhaps even payable to the same garbage company.

Great pick-up!!!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm not a Cobb expert by any means but this looks really legit to me for several reasons- he lived in Nevada late in life, he used green marker often, the check looks legitimately cancelled through the bank, name matches perfectly. I bet you can find lots of similar examples, perhaps even payable to the same garbage company.

Great pick-up!!!

Had not thought to look at those pieces. Thanks

Looks like in '51 garbage pick up was a lot cheaper

View attachment 45023

:) Thanks for digging that up!

Members online