Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC - Have they increased their condition submission standards? Perplexed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
So, I had a shipment sent to me and included were some cards returned to me as "damaged" from a recent submission I sent in. Now, I understand that they don't accept "damaged" cards but I'm having a hard time determining how they came to that conclusion.

Most of the cards in question are from 1997 Donruss Preferred - which is notoriously condition sensitive as full stock foil. Now, never mind the fact that these are 17 years old cards and are originally packaged in a flimsy plastic wrapper inside a hard metal pack (free to move around) - these were all pulled a month or two ago and immediately sleeved (side note -- all sleeved sent in and returned to me crammed in a team bag (without sleeves) in an oversized top loader?).

These cards are clearly not GEM mint but what's the purpose of me paying processing for full res. scans, having condition note options at processing and why their optional condition review service if they're only accepting GEM cards. Are they rejecting '93 SP Jeter's as well?

I'm curious if they're getting paranoid about liability with unsatisfied buyers. Or, did I catch a processor on a bad day? Or, one who has simply developed in a hobby where everything from a pack must be gem 10 or it goes back to the manufacturer mentality.

These are the types of sets and cards that I use COMC for - to sell and buy. It would be nice to understand their criteria before flushing additional money in shipping.

01-11-2015114648AM.jpg

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I think it all depends on who is processing the cards. I had cards sent back to me for "condition issues." Sent them back with another shipment and they were accepted.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah, I've had a couple cards sent back as damaged before. I was never able to figure out what they saw as damage either.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
I've had success with this as well - though the new two week processing allows for processing of cards that need condition notes. So instead of mailing it in, having it rejected, mailed back, and then mailing back in again. You can pay the .50 and have it done the first time. I think that they have been more selective with condition lately.

I think it all depends on who is processing the cards. I had cards sent back to me for "condition issues." Sent them back with another shipment and they were accepted.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm one of their biggest fans and just about never had a problem with them.

Now maybe it's "just because", but my last two shipments (cards sent to me which I bought on their site) have been REALLY slow, and that includes paying for faster service last month.

And the incoming package should have been in hand by now, instead it just shipped.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts