Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PayPal scam?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
So I got an email from PayPal about a lot of hacking going on and I should click their link and change my password. I got to thinking about [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] recent problem, so I actually opened and read the email. In case I was worried about this email being a fake, they included this disclaimer...
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1421091538.124659.jpg
So I went back to the top of the email because I had only skimmed it...
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1421091572.539927.jpg
Hmmm...

Haha, I didn't really think this was real, but I thought you could all use a good laugh, and, well, watch out for scam emails! Haha

"Informations"
Lol

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
you still need to be cautious....

the phony mail i got 2 weeks ago DID address me by my full real name.....

the pay pal address and phone information at the bottom was also the CORRECT info as opposed to the ridiculous singapore crap in your mail....

honestly , the only "obvious" vlue that mine was a fake mail was that it asked me to click a link to log in and verify my information....

as many of you likely know (sadly too many people DONT realize it since too many people still fall for it) , pay pal will tell you NOT to click a link in the e-mail and instead will direct you to open a new browser window or tab and go to the pay pal site yourself ...once you do that , if the mail is legit you will also see the information on the website ....

with my recent one , i did forward it to them (i highly advise everyone to forward EVERY bogus mail to them at [email protected] ) but because it also did use my full real name i called pp customer service just to be safe and get word from a real person.....the rep had not seen one like that before but he checked on both my personal and business account and confirmed my suspiscion that it was definitely a fake....

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
This is why I generally don't click links in emails. If I really thought I had to change my password, I would close the email and go to Paypal's website directly. People are lazy, though, so I bet they get a lot.

jackson0114

Jan 20, 2012
Ive gotten them before, but the sender isnt "@paypal.com", it's "@paypall.com"

Watch out for those ones too. They look pretty legit, but are scammers

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Someone did buy 2 gift cards with my PayPal account on Raise.com and I had my account put on hold and the money was returned but when I called to get my account back to regular status they tried to tell me that it was used in a retail store with my pin number, anyways I did change all my PayPal information except my email address and then received a vulgar email from some random person.

Members online

Latest posts