Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ridiculous EBAY Buyer Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgoldman

Nov 28, 2012
NC
Long time lurker but rarely post but I was quite amused by an EBAY buyer last night. He had bought a Leaf Trinity football card and had paid promptly. Here is his message to me:

in your definition it says " 2014 Leaf Trinity Zack Martin RC Auto Autograph Pure Glass Cowboys Notre Dame". But the card has a mistake, it spelled Zack, with an H (Zach), therefore the description does not match the item I will recieve, and I demand a refund. if you do not give me a Full refund, even for shipping, I will contact ebay and leave you horrible ratings. But If everything works out, I will leave you Good Ratings. Please respond before you actually ship the card. Thank You.

The guy had a feedback of 13. I promptly refunded his payment to avoid any more interaction with the guy. I guess this is what EBAY has evolved into -- almost not worth the time and I have been a regular user since 1998.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This is a joke; what a piece of garbage. Simply forward eBay that message and you'll be in the clear, they won't think twice in their decision.

pander69

Apr 6, 2010
Marshall, MN
Wow. He does realize it is a K, that the font is what makes it look like an H. Definitely need his id. Never want to deal with his brand of stupid...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Interesting. You should have won acase had he filed one. Since you're not responsible for spelling errors. Either in your listing nor on the actual product you sell.

But this list this guys user name, so we all can ban this jack-wagon

jgoldman

Nov 28, 2012
NC
The guy's ID is: bryan.decke

I realize that I would have won any kind of case but just refunded him because I sold 4 other copies of the card yesterday and I didn't really have the energy to explain everything to someone who clearly does not understand the simplest of things. I was just surprised by his tone over a ~$5 card.

A_Pharis

The guy's ID is: bryan.decke

I realize that I would have won any kind of case but just refunded him because I sold 4 other copies of the card yesterday and I didn't really have the energy to explain everything to someone who clearly does not understand the simplest of things. I was just surprised by his tone over a ~$5 card.

Make no mistake. People out there would screw you on a $.99 card with free shipping.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Make no mistake. People out there would screw you on a $.99 card with free shipping.
I had a guy make two $0.99 offers (on $1.99 cards) and ask for free shipping. I told him I won't ship by PWE, offered to take $3.50 shipped by bubble mailer. He didn't know what I meant with PWE, basically assuming I'd ship in the bubble mailer (as I state in the auction itself) all told for $1.98.

jgoldman

Nov 28, 2012
NC
Yes, all great examples of the degradation of EBAY over the years. From ridiculously high fees to not letting sellers leave proper feedback to illogical thinking on the part of buyers. Almost not worth the hassle but not many other opportunities to sell cards out there.

Members online