Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can someone explain this ebay 1/1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Beautiful card, but I would not buy it out of principle for that whole eBay 1/1 crap.
My best guess is that Schmidt played 18 seasons in the MLB, that's why he's claiming it's an eBay 1/1

A_Pharis

I was also going to say that it's CLEARLY because there is only 1 copy numbered 18/50.

The 18 seasons is a good guess, too. You never know how deep someone is willing to dig.

"There's a 7 in the Topps code on the bottom of the back of the card, and the serial is 17/25. Because they both have 7's, it's an eBay 1/1!"

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I was also going to say that it's CLEARLY because there is only 1 copy numbered 18/50.

The 18 seasons is a good guess, too. You never know how deep someone is willing to dig.

"There's a 7 in the Topps code on the bottom of the back of the card, and the serial is 17/25. Because they both have 7's, it's an eBay 1/1!"

More of grasping at straws from my end, this is not an eBay 1/1. The thought of eBay 1/1s are ridiculous to begin with there are not many collectors that religiously care about whether it's a first or last print run. I'd say there are more that care about jersey number because that's kind of cool but I hate how it's labeled as an eBay 1/1. Let collectors figure that out on their own

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Here is your answer straight from the seller. I asked is this a 1 of 1?
"It isn't, the card is serial numbered 18 of 50. When I originally listed the item it was the only one for sale on eBay. In that case, people often describe the item as an "eBay 1/1". I believe this is still the only one of its kind currently for sale."

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Answer: One of the greatest moments mentioned happened on the 18th of the month?

i read the card back and that was exactly what came to mind.....

well , immediately after the more accurate "truthful" version : 18/50 just happens to be one of 50 different ebay 1/1's of this card.....

one other thought i had was that he used the term for another that may actually have SOME plausible explanation and simply neglected to remove that part when listing the next item and after seeing the 8 items he calls an ebay 1/1 , i think this may be the case for at least a couple of them....

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Here is your answer straight from the seller. I asked is this a 1 of 1?
"It isn't, the card is serial numbered 18 of 50. When I originally listed the item it was the only one for sale on eBay. In that case, people often describe the item as an "eBay 1/1". I believe this is still the only one of its kind currently for sale."

ah...so not a "real" "ebay 1/1" , but actually a case of "only one on ebay" (a phrase i would never use ....just because one doesn't see another one in a search doesn't mean there isn't another one already listed but identified differently....or that another one won't be listed 2 minutes after the first one goes live...)

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Right. No one uses "ebay 1/1" to say it's the only one listed on ebay. Which they usually aren't, anyway.

Members online

Latest posts